Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

hide this from the wife?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: hide this from the wife? Reply with quote

Any suggestions on how I'm going to be able to hide this LBA item from the missus?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SMC-Pentax-1000mm-F8-Lens_W0QQitemZ270427663969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item3ef6beae61&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A4|294%3A50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her it is a garden soil sample drill. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you let me store it for you! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disguise it and tell to her that is a good luck pet.

Along with the maneuver, give her a pretty gift. With this it reaches.

Not see that pretty woman (lover) for a week or so. Your wife will think that the pet gives good luck to her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, this is just a drainpipe. Only thing she does not know is that this actually is a magic drainpipe. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave it in the box.

BTW ... did you manage to get this lens?

another excuse ... tell her it was cheap, and that you are going to resell it ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wife to hide anything from, but six flights of stairs... now that puts me off some interesting items.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her you are a contract killer/CIA agent and this item is just for a job.
"But do not tell the neighbours!"
"Damn why did’t they send it do my 'Dead Letterbox'".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also tell that its a defensive tool , very effective, tested by the CIA itself

no i'm kidding.

just tell that its for watching neighbors Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her it is a gift for your birthday from a far uncle living overseas you didn't see since some years ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I did get the lens Alex. She knows what I'm like with reselling stuff so unlikely to believe that one of reselling it on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint it pink and sing "happy birthday" with a slightly mucky look in your eye? Wink

No, probably best not Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens cost $1495US in 1973 (ref. 1973 Asahi-Pentax pamphlet). In 2009 dollars that's $6877US.

The closest Canon lens (1200mm) cost $15,000US used.

I'd say you got a WHOPPER of a deal!

Why hide it? Show it to her. The worst she can say is "it's too big!" SmileSmileSmile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Paint it pink and sing "happy birthday" with a slightly mucky look in your eye? Wink

No, probably best not Laughing

Imagine the size of the batteries!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can hide your wife from this. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: hide this from the wife? Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Any suggestions on how I'm going to be able to hide this LBA item from the missus?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SMC-Pentax-1000mm-F8-Lens_W0QQitemZ270427663969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item3ef6beae61&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A4|294%3A50

See you on Judge Judy...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the lens finally arrived and it's time for dispute resolution through Paypal. The seller was very economical with the truth, perhaps lied through his teeth might be a more accurate description. Where only the front element was supposed to have suffered from fungus and cured try all elements. The lens was supposed to take decent photos despite the fungus and supposedly tested to that effect. That depends on if you like a certain dense fog effect in your photos.
I suppose it is time to put all those skills I was trained up in as a union shop steward and give this bastard a good kick up the bum in the name of goodness.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamp shade Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the glasses as conversation pieces or for frying ants, and the barrel as a megaphone or drainpipe. Smile

Make sure you get a Paypal claim in before the bgger gets the chance to strip his PP account bare, but with a name like 'drdirtybox' I wonder how ethical he'll be.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Well the lens finally arrived and it's time for dispute resolution through Paypal. The seller was very economical with the truth, perhaps lied through his teeth might be a more accurate description. Where only the front element was supposed to have suffered from fungus and cured try all elements. The lens was supposed to take decent photos despite the fungus and supposedly tested to that effect. That depends on if you like a certain dense fog effect in your photos.
I suppose it is time to put all those skills I was trained up in as a union shop steward and give this bastard a good kick up the bum in the name of goodness.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

sorry to hear that. I hope you can get your money back or some partial refund to compensate for poorer lens conditions. if you pay using credit card as the fund source, I think uou can get your credit card company to revert the charges directly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT price for this fine gear! Shocked