Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got the Industar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Got the Industar Reply with quote

Really fast!! Sent from Ukraine the 28th of september.

I got it this morning. Not very well packed, and without any cap (on either side).

I haven't realized how tiny is this lens!...
It makes me think on a "compact" reflex solution, the 350D plus the Industar won't take much more room than a G7... Maybe not fitting a shirt's pocket, but small enough to carry on everyday.

Impatient to test it at home.

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. Nice lens.
Some days ago I saw a Pentax *istD L2 for Euro 399,- with a 18-55 kit lens. This great price made me think. And an Industar-50-2 at the *istD L2 really would be a tiny DSLR...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'd been thinking the same thing, except I was looking at the K110D instead...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Jes you will like it
Mine is also without cap.
Don't worry here is the solution Laughing
http://www.jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page413.htm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

Great link, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at my 350D this morning while thinking of the Praktica BCA I own to... how thick is the dSLR !

The old SLR are as thin as a 35mm film canister... but at a weight ! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Some days ago I saw a Pentax *istD L2 for Euro 399,- with a 18-55 kit lens. This great price made me think. And an Industar-50-2 at the *istD L2 really would be a tiny DSLR...

Yes, it's a nice combination.
What I didn't realize before, was the Industar is a fixed lens of fixed aperture as well!. That's the reason for being so tiny...

I've shot a few pictures, but it's too dark now... I'll have to wait until the morning... Anyway the Industar fits nicely in the 350D.

Best regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Great Jes you will like it
Mine is also without cap.

Bon bricolage!!

What I use to do is to keep the old plastic caps from the milk, juice, etc. bottles. Many times they do have a similar size to the lenses...

Now I've just to get another M42 back lens cap...Wink
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Yeah, but I only was "thinking" not "buying". Euro 400,- just for fun? No, not really!
For this money, I know some lenses that would be mine... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

What I didn't realize before, was the Industar is a fixed lens of fixed aperture as well!. That's the reason for being so tiny...

What do you mean with fixed aperture? I'm not sure if I understand you, but the aperture ring is the small ring around the front lens.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industar has variable aperture from 3.5-22 exactly like Michael said.Just look again...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure it has variable aperture :

http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_industar50.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Jesito wrote:

What do you mean with fixed aperture? I'm not sure if I understand you, but the aperture ring is the small ring around the front lens.

Michael

Laughing What a beast am I?... I didn't notice it, thanks!. My sight is not as good as it used to be and I got convinced it was a 3.5 fixed aperture lens...
Now is even better, with this 3.5~16 aperture range!!.

Thanks a lot, Borges.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Industar has variable aperture from 3.5-22 exactly like Michael said.Just look again...

Thanks Attila, now I noticed it..
For sure is variable, but mine is 3.5~16 (to be precise) Wink
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

What I use to do is to keep the old plastic caps from the milk, juice, etc. bottles. Many times they do have a similar size to the lenses...

I had to find some way of improvising some protection for capless lenses rattling around in my gadget bag when I ran out of dividers and padding, so I cut some plastic pill bottles in half - the top half with the neck fits nicely over the mount end and protects the end lens without touching it and the bottom half protects the front end.

I wish sellers would include the caps - most lenses came with them originally.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Some shots today Reply with quote

I like it!

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine! Congrats, Jes!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that Mediterranean light! How I wish I was there!!
Here it's rainy and ugly Sad
What city are you living in Jes? (if it doesn't get too private)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Ah, that Mediterranean light! How I wish I was there!!
Here it's rainy and ugly Sad
What city are you living in Jes? (if it doesn't get too private)

Hi Orio,
Of course not, Very Happy
I live in Sitges, a small village in the neighborhood of Barcelona, some 38 Km far towards the south. It's entoured by mountains that keep the climate isolated from the area. Warm and bright light, and next to the sea.
We used to have here the VolksWagen design centre for years. They said the light of our city was very inspirative to their designers.
It was not strange to see prototypes (never into production) driven by a young german guy around the city.
But the light probably has changed, because a couple of years ago they decided to move to another place.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

I live in Sitges, a small village in the neighborhood of Barcelona, some 38 Km far towards the south. It's entoured by mountains that keep the climate isolated from the area. Warm and bright light, and next to the sea.

Enchanting!
I have been twice to Barcelona (one of my most loved cities), first time very young in 1982, the second time -it was 1987- I came there as usual moneyless with moneyless friends Rolling Eyes by car (a Fiat 127, can you imagine a whole trip on that car??), so I could drive the coast before coming to Barcelona - I remember stopping for the night in a nice sea town called Figueras- but after arrived in Barcelona alas we did not proceed further south. Sad

Tell me about the fountain in the Ciudadela in Barcelona (I think this was the name - I mean the fountain with the Gargoyles) - is it well kept? I remember coming there every day to photograph it with the Super Ikonta because I loved it so much.
That and the Parc Guell were my daily stops everyday - I obsessed my friends! Very Happy
I can't find those photos anywhere Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio!

Good memory!. I was born close to the Ciudadela's Parc and I spent my childhood walking and running there, so I knew it very well, although I don't use to go there nowadays. I work in Barcelona and I've to travel every day back and forth, so no much time to do any tourism.
Do you mean this? http://bseeengineer.com/Parc%20de%20la%20Ciutadella%20fountain1.html
Also I know very well Gaudi's Parc Guell. It's a reference place to visit in Barcelona. Nice views from there, and impressive design.
Some idiots broke past year the coloured iguana at the entrance, but now it's repaired. When you come back to Barcelona, probably you will find it quite changed. The 1992 Olimpyc games turned the city upside down (for the good). Parc Guell was improved, now is in a very good conservation status. Next time I go there, I'll take some shots for you.

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is it Smile In my memory, there was mush less green around.
If I would come now with a more varied camera equipment I would take a lot of tele photos.
Really they damaged the iguana? Sad((( I would put those people into prison.
The first time I went there it was the first day of the year, at 9 in the morning. There was no one, streets were desert. I was still drunk from the night before. I entered from the side, where there is the wood. I was completely alone and going around with a tee shirt (on the 1st of January!). It felt like I was walking into a dream!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Nice! That sounds like a perfect place for a photographer.