Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gallery Use - please read
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Gallery Use - please read Reply with quote

This forum is for digital images taken with manual focus lenses ONLY.

Our definition of digital images includes both the images taken with digital cameras, and the film images that have been heavily post processed with digital software.

Some examples of heavy digital processing to film images are: B&W digital conversion from colour negative or slide, HDRI image editing, image stitching, photo collages, digital colourization of B&W film, and any kind of digital editing or painting that significantly alters the aspect of the original film image.

Digital images taken with autofocus lenses must be published in their dedicated digital autofocus gallery section.

Please note that threads of manual focus lens images that include also autofocus lens images for comparison or example purposes, are considered in topic and can be posted in this gallery.

Artistic nudity is accepted in this gallery. The threads that contain artistic nudity images must have the [NUDITY] tag in their subject line.
-

Last edited by Orio on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note: if you hape posted AF images in this gallery in the past, it would be nice if you could move them to the Digital Gallery AF section.
This is not mandatory, just an invitation, if possible. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to get critics please mark your post with [C&C] in title, this means comments and critics are welcome. We have a polite member group here and we rare say critics on pictures, but many times this is a great thing to improve our knowledge. Certainly a polite form is required if possible to avoid conflicts.

Best form for title is next :

lens type - camera - film type - C&C if applicable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this C&C is a great idea Attila !

Quote:
Best form for title is next :
lens type - camera - film type - C&C if applicable.

About the Subjecttitle-line:
I sometimes think 2 lines would be much easier and would give better overview (as done is some other forums)

So the first line could be the title only,
the second line (smaller fonts!) includes lens type - camera - film type - (C&C)

What do you think ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is here place for lens with af/mf when pictures is taken using mf ?

Kind reagrds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcin wrote:
Is here place for lens with af/mf when pictures is taken using mf ?

Kind reagrds

good Q -- but I would put it AF gallery anyway ..

The lens is still AF lens ..

DIGITAL GALLERY AF is the best place .. Wink

Tf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in end i think this picture is not too good for af thread Wink

Anyway that's some helpful answer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF lens must go into AF gallery even if used manually. The purpose is to have a gallery of MF lenses pictures only.
The only exception being, if you have a series of 10 MF pictures and 1 AF pictures, the AF one can be posted together with the MF ones as long as it is properly tagged.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed lately that a lot of pictures are posted with some basic visibility problem, mostly due to incorrect monitor calibration on the part of the poster.
This affects the experience, and it's in the interest of everyone, but mostly of the author of the photos,
that the pictures are edited on calibrated monitors, so that all viewers can have the same good viewing experience.

Therefore, I strongly encourage the members who want to post images in the galleries, to make sure first that their monitor is calibrated for gamma (grayscale).-
This will not help with the colours, but at least it will make so that the viewer will see your photos without clipped highlights or shadows.

What you have to do is simply to adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor in accordance with this test image:

Note that all sections of the above photograph must be distinguishable from the neighbouring ones.
In order to publish photos in the galleries, it is strongly recommended that you calibrate your monitor according to a correct representation of the above table.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Once you have done this basic calibration, if you are the exacting kind you might also want to try to match this table,
which is more difficult and will probably challenge seriously all consumer monitors:

The last two rows of the above image are very demanding and probably your consumer monitor will have some trouble separating the bars in both extremes,
but it's useful to have this table because it lets you check your improvements in calibration with more accuracy than the first table.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: How to add pictures? Reply with quote

Hi. I am new on the site. I tried to upload a pict - from a google site I made only for this, I pressed the Img-button, filled the pict's adress, and Img again? There was a example(?) over the textbox i tried to follow. But in preview nothing happens. I am a Mac user, and not used to programing. I could use a little help. Sorry if it is the wrong place for this question, but I could not find a better place.
Thanks in advance. Mikk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum,
You can not post your first post with images/links...it is an anti spam feature of the forum. If you post now, being your 2nd post all should work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will try again when I have some time.
Mikk