Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First scan of Pentax 6x7 105 f 2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: First scan of Pentax 6x7 105 f 2.5 Reply with quote

This one is in B+W again in the evening although not quite night. The sky had a lot of color and light that was fantastically reflecting on the water. A very high contrast and moody scene. This film was Tmax 100 shutter 5 min @ f8. 6min development with tmax liquid developer 75 degrees. I do seem t o have a lot of evening and night shots. My work schedule does not leave alot of daylight. Please comment and make suggestions. I have not PP'd yet just a bit of cropping so suggestions will help. Boy this Epson V700 is easy to use Very Happy

BTW this was the 6x7 smc 105 2.5

Last edited by F16SUNSHINE on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it I have to buy this set Sad Laughing Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks almost like a sci-fi set !!
I am sure that seen enlarged, this picture is a killer. Within the 900 pixels restriction of the forum, I think it suffers, because the subjects are small. Maybe you should upload somewhere else a larger version, that we can see by panning?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look out of this world, superb sunshine!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, by now you should just pull it all the way out of the closet about being
a vampire, that's why all your stuff is done after sundown/night! Laughing

Beautiful shot probably best seen large and wide, otherworldly, but I like
the effect. Nicely done, Andy! Smile

Bill

Last edited by Katastrofo on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, the rendition of black and white images with the V700 was a big surprise to me. I just haven't found it necessary to do much of anything to "enhance" the black and white scans. They are just brilliant right out of the gate!

This is a typical example of the capability of the V700. Couple that capability with a fantastic image such as you have taken, and you have an instant, pure, deeply saturated winner with the black points and white points already established the best way possible! Cool

Was this down on the Anacortes waterfront?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surreal Andy - really surreal. Love it

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use "surreal", too: Andy surreal nice you posted this picture! Laughing

Kiddin', Patrick. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your comments.

@Attila
Pentax 6x7 price is dropping. Nice big negative or slide from this beast with some good glass to pick from. However, It's heavy, big, and unless you get the MLU version can have some vibration issues. I have the MLU and it is a joy to use.

@Orio
I agree the small image does not suit this much detail. It is fine for color images and macro/closeup work. For big landscapes in mono with so many tones it's hard to see whats up. I will work on this one a bit over the weekend and maybe put it in the MF gallery in large size.

@ Larry
You where/are so right about this scanner. It is a piece of cake to use. So far the machine makes all the right decisions. Surely it will disagree with me sometime. Right now it looks a winner. Yes that is the Cap Sante boat haven in Anacortes. Looking west from the bottom of Cap Sante head.

BTW: I'm not really a Vampire. Just an insomniac Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cracker, all right. I've not seen black and white results like that for a while - it's getting to be a forgotten art in most places.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strong image.

The trouble with those scanners amongst you is that you're leading me into temptation Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic image I really like it.

v700 comes with Siverfast does it not?
I think you can do multiple passes with it and recover shadow/highlight detail?

The only thing about the image is the very hot highlights, but I think it works.

very nice shot indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply excellent.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is WOW Im floored!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Andy!
That's a great surrealistic picture!. I love the composition, sea and sky mimic each other... Wonderful landscape!.
Congrats!

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done indeed!

I guess I also need a good scanner that can scan medium format, now that I have the Yashica-24.