Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

eBay removed purchase link in feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: eBay removed purchase link in feedback Reply with quote

I think this is not new for some of the members here...

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m10/i17/s01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous. I don't see a single good reason for such a change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People may have complained that others can see what someone bought...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this information invaluable as a seller, I use this info in lots of ways.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very useful to be able to get a fuller picture of a seller and on more than one occasion have backed out from dealing with one. If people are concerned about privacy, there already exists the private feedback option. Even there though, too much of that raises suspicions, so it can be counter-productive.
If I don't want people to know I bought a rubber cat-suit last week, I don't buy it via ebay - dead simple.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still works on the Android app, after a fashion.. You can't follow the link fron the feedback list but if you try it appears on your recently viewed items list and you can click through from that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeSalt wrote:
It still works on the Android app, after a fashion.. You can't follow the link fron the feedback list but if you try it appears on your recently viewed items list and you can click through from that.

lol Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If privacy was an issue, they could have solved it simply by hiding the identity of the buyers.
Instead they choose to hide the purchase details and this is obviously a marketing choice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the eBay gods giveth, the eBay gods taketh away. It wasn't all that long ago that this feature didn't exist. So, it come around, lasts a while, then goes away. Eh, life goes on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
This is ridiculous. I don't see a single good reason for such a change.

+1

Except that you are too gracious, kind, and generous. This is an asinine decision rendered by jackasses . . . is how I would put it.

It will reduce my use of eBay. I want more disclosure, not less. The persons who came up with this change are fools.

One learns however, over time, to expect little more from a pig than a grunt. Mad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eBay pages work the same way as before - I can still see all the details on sold items from other sellers. Tried it on eBay.com and eBay.co.uk.