Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Colour enlarger can do B&W prints?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Colour enlarger can do B&W prints? Reply with quote

Well, not much to add to the question in the subject.
If I buy a colour enlarger, will it make B&W prints?
Or do I need a B&W enlarger for that?

thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Colour enlarger can do B&W prints? Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Well, not much to add to the question in the subject.
If I buy a colour enlarger, will it make B&W prints?
Or do I need a B&W enlarger for that?

thanks!

Sure, no problem. All the colour enlarger does is put filters in the light path. For B&W they are not there, or are clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - can you buy enlargers and assorted darkroom stuff in Italy as cheaply as you can here?
If not I might be able to help by 'forwarding' some stuff for you. Or maybe other members could - depends where the gear is. I've bought and sold a whole heap of enlargers in the process of putting together just the right kit for my own darkroom. And I've sent enlargers all over the world.
Bear in mind that shipping an enlarger isn't cheap - £50-60 which is why people are put off. But this may still be a lot cheaper than buyting locally?It also needs careful packing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
Orio - can you buy enlargers and assorted darkroom stuff in Italy as cheaply as you can here?
If not I might be able to help by 'forwarding' some stuff for you. Or maybe other members could - depends where the gear is.

I don't know. I need to research. I'll keep present your offer, in case of need, thank you!!