Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Auto Takumar f3.5/35mm M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Asahi Auto Takumar f3.5/35mm M42 Reply with quote

on Pentax K-x

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant samples, Andreas.

I am dying for shot nr3 and the bodypainted girl Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice results! Guess I should mine more often. Is it anything like this one? http://forum.mflenses.com/how-auto-takumar-lenses-were-sold-back-then-t14025.html

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tobias,
thank you very much. No3 is on the coast in south Vietnam, these colorfully painted boats are woven of natural material. the girl, well, she is a beauty - at a 'body painting competition' during a 'Sanur village festival' in Bali. There were a few models, all surrounded by men, many of them photographers. The challenge was to get her into the frame without having heads popping out in front Wink

@Peter:
Peter I hope you will give your's a spin and add your typically great samples! I find it to be a very like-able lens, it is even smaller than the later versions but just as good, and has the typical Auto Tak colors to boot. Even found the lever to be of use: unlike that of other Auto Taks it has a very short throw and a resistance 'click' before it locks wide open, enabling presetting the aperture, pushing the lever until the resistance point to open aperture while focusing, releasing lever to measure.

oh, yours is new in the box! Shocked
I don't have any in it's box, but just check out this collector ( who surprisingly seems to have stayed pretty much 'undiscovered' ), you will love to view his stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ebelbeb/

mine is in good shape too, with original caps and case:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nices ones indeed Andreas! Cute little lens, but great performer!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Klaus, really cute, and a good performer Wink