Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko OM lenses: aperture lever
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Zuiko OM lenses: aperture lever Reply with quote

I've been looking at a couple of zuiko OM lenses but I don't yet have an adapter (to EOS and ultimately through doubled up adapters also to my E-P1). Do the standard cheap adapters have a provision for knocking the aperture lever into place so you can manually control the aperture? I notice they have some preview switches on the sides of the lens but I'd rather not have to hold those in while shooting.

I know that on, for example, takumar lenses you need to find one with an auto / manual switch to be able to stop down.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OM-EOS adapters I've bought have had that, yes. It seems to be a common fit, even on the cheap ones. If you're looking at an ebay page pic of the adapter, you might spot a little screw/pin going in from the side to hold the lever back as you turn the lens onto the adapter.
Otoh, I did find the preview/stopdown button handy when I removed that pin. It was quite useful focusing at full aperture and stopping down immediately before shooting, it became an automatic way of doing things.