Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Jena 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very common, they were produced in great numbers over lengthy production lives and were exported in great numbers as one of the prime hard currency earners for the East German economy.

The problem with Puts' writings is he doesn't relate the technical to the aesthetic, a picture says as thousand words, and I'd much rather see some pictures from a lens than read a thousands words about it's correction of lateral chromatic abberation or how even it's illumination is at a certain aperture.

Interesting. The images look fairly good, but the contrast, colour quality, etc., compared to other lenses is always an issue. I would like to see a comparison with the 1964 Summicron-R, at wide apertures. The Leitz design was optimised for large apertures and close focussing distances, according to Puts.

Last edited by Oreste on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more things between heaven and hell, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
There are more things between heaven and hell, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hey whats a swede doing quoting a dane/Brit? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Nisseliten wrote:
Hey whats a swede doing quoting a dane/Brit? Smile

Despite popular beliefs that swedes are nomadic folk that ride the mighty elk into glorious battle, that is more of a weekend thing nowadays. Some of us actually do read. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very common, they were produced in great numbers over lengthy production lives and were exported in great numbers as one of the prime hard currency earners for the East German economy.

The problem with Puts' writings is he doesn't relate the technical to the aesthetic, a picture says as thousand words, and I'd much rather see some pictures from a lens than read a thousands words about it's correction of lateral chromatic abberation or how even it's illumination is at a certain aperture.

Interesting. The images look fairly good, but the contrast, colour quality, etc., compared to other lenses is always an issue. I would like to see a comparison with the 1964 Summicron-R, at wide apertures. The Leitz design was optimised for large apertures and close focussing distances, according to Puts.

It wouldn't do any better in the light available in February in the north of England than the Pancolar did. Light is always the biggest factor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Oreste wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

It wouldn't do any better in the light available in February in the north of England than the Pancolar did. Light is always the biggest factor.

Well nothing matters in England anyway. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet that dreary English sky is great for pictures at times. I'm stuck here with bright sun and blue sky. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I'll bet that dreary English sky is great for pictures at times. I'm stuck here with bright sun and blue sky. Cool

Sicily?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Sicily?

Doesn't require much skill to take nice pics in good light conditions, as I sad, light is the major factor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puts can write what he wants, but that doesn't mean he's right. Laughing I'm actually kind of amused because most believe the Summicron R was only "average" in its category, and certainly not as nice of a lens as the RF version. The Pancolar was a design from a company that had already had decades of experience designing SLR lenses, the best SLR lenses of the era.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Puts can write what he wants, but that doesn't mean he's right. Laughing I'm actually kind of amused because most believe the Summicron R was only "average" in its category, and certainly not as nice of a lens as the RF version. The Pancolar was a design from a company that had already had decades of experience designing SLR lenses, the best SLR lenses of the era.

Cough, cough.

Rolling Eyes

Puts is very knowledgeable.

I have owned the 1964 Summicron-R, the 1976 Summicron-R, and the 1969 Summilux-R (4 copies). I currently own the Summilux-R. I preferred the 1964 version overall to the 1976 version.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
Mos6502 wrote:

Cough, cough.

Rolling Eyes

Puts is very knowledgeable.

I have owned the 1964 Summicron-R, the 1976 Summicron-R, and the 1969 Summilux-R (4 copies). I currently own the Summilux-R. I preferred the 1964 version overall to the 1976 version.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Show me some results instead of puffing hot air, and you've got something worth believing. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first tests.

Sun flare.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love first and last one, beautiful model , pose middle one is too foggy to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gothic_Snake wrote:
My first tests.

Tests of what? Colour seems a little magenta to my eye.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I love first and last one, beautiful model , pose middle one is too foggy to me.

+1 for all points.