Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

You really gonna hate us, for sure!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: You really gonna hate us, for sure! Reply with quote

Dear MFlenses addicted,

Flor27 and myself went to the 45th International Photographic Fair at Bièvres, France (30 min from Paris) this Sunday. The weather was fine and we decided to walk a little without any intention to buy anything (that is true, we are not addicted, I swear!), because some friends told us it was too expensive in there...

It was big, plenty of sellers from everywhere (France, Germany, NL, Russia, Japan...). Some put all their stuff full of dust direct to the ground, some were real international big shop with windows and logos.

It was difficult to find good MFlenses in the middle of all that crap...

Dust everywhere... Rolling Eyes

A Russian seller with Kiev camera and... old watches.

Some sellers were very nice, collector above all, it was pleasant to have a little chat and tries some beauties :

SMC Pentax-A 1:1.4 85mm. One day, maybe... Laughing

SMC Takumar 1:4 600mm medium format mounted on a 35mm Pentax ME. Great one!

Singer-Librascope f:3.28 T:4 500mm not so heavy and so beautiful! Look at the face of the boy next to me... Wink (1000 euros if you want one)

Canon 1:0.95 50mm. The famous ultra bright lens, "not so expensive": 1000 euros with more accessories and the wife of the seller (SIC). But she wasn't very "fresh" so we walk away... Embarassed

And now: why "you gonna hate us"...

The first seller we saw was far away from the center of the fair. I found a M42 Russian lens: it was the Mir 1 Grand Prix Brussel 1937 1:2.8 35mm.

"How much for this one?
- Well... 5 euros.
- Deal!"

Flor27 put it on his EOS 5D

The same seller had some boxes full of crappy broken flashes or anything. We found an Industar 1:3.5 50mm for... 5 euros again!

A test of the Industar mounted on my Pentax K10D

We continue our hunting, now decided to found good deal (and forgetting the idea of spending nothing... Rolling Eyes ).

A seller had great lenses, but very very expensive. I found an open metallic wallet, it was the Photosniper FS-12!

"How much for this one?
- I have to ask it to my husband, wait a minute... 40 euros.
- ... 40 euros?
- I'll check again... Yes, 40 euros.
- Deal!"

But my brother flor27 ran over here, stopping the deal. He just wanted to check if it was a good deal, because he found the price too low. Let's check inside the wallet :

The Zenith is missing, one orange filter is missing, the stick looks good, the Tair ok, the Pentacon too. We found a 200 iso color film, some handkerchief, a Polaroid flash (!), extension rings and... What is that lens on the corner? I looked at it and discover: a Flektogon MC 1:2.4 35mm. We both had an heart attack!

"Everything, included this lens, are really sold with that wallet?
- Yes, I told you!
- Deal!"

At this moment, we were so happy, like in a dream. Another seller just next to him was selling the Photosniper (complete, without the Flektogon of course) for 120 euros... Laughing

At the end of the day, please say hello to our little "lenses hunt booty":

- Photosniper FS-12 (with a Pentacon and a Tair) + Flektogon MC 1:2.4 35mm : 40 euros
- Mir 1 Grand Prix Brussel 1937 1:2.8 35mm : 5 euros
- Industar 1:3.5 50mm : 5 euros
- Tamron 1:2.5 90mm macro (with Adaptall Nikon ring) : 20 euros
- TTL Prism for Kiev 60 : 40 euros
- Lighting cell Gossen Lunasix 3 : 10 euros

And some m42 tubes, x2 FOCA MC4 M42, include in the FS wallet...

- Total : 120 euros.

So, are you gonna hate us?

Be there next year! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you!!

(not really)Congratulations!

EXCELLENT finds. I have not heard of a large photography fair/expo here in the US, anyone know of one?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man, you got luck.
That seems to be the paradise.
What you have in the third picture is not a watch, it's a stop watch, un chronomètre.
I have one identical, same brand - Slava.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck happens to people who give good luck an opportunity -
which in your case meant going in the first place, and then in understanding what you saw, which is not a common knowledge.

So, congratulations !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!
..and I admit I do envy you for the very joyful day you must have had and what you came home with, congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the above, congrats on your great bargains!

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! this was a great fishing days and weather was fine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb haul - in and out like a burglar Laughing That Gossen was an absolute bargain - it's a very useful meter.
Getting the Flek for free though, that was just pure jam.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made some bargains !
I went on saturday at 18h30.

The only industar i saw was announced at 15e, it didn't try to negociate nd did not bought it.

I just bought a Meyer 300 f4 for 70e, may be i should have negociate a little more, it wat annouced at 99.

I am jealous for the Tamron 90 at 20e !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got some great lenses for bargain prices for sure!
Congratulations!

BUT: Please, be careful with the MIR-1 and the EOS 5D, it can easily touch the mirror and break it!!! The MIR-1 can normally not be used at an uncut 5D!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you all !! It was our first time there, a nice place near Paris.

Actually I need to clarify somethings :

- the Tamron 90/2.5 adaptall is in absolutly not selling state at all : both grips are gone, dents everywhere, full of dust outside... but no problem at all on lenses nor diaph nor focusing ring. Selling the Adaptall mount for Nikon @ 15 € will leave this junk for less but it's very scary to look at Very Happy

- Fotosnaiper box was missing the Zenit FS camera, thus the low price. But no, all filters (5) are here and the Tair-3S is just fine with snappy aperture and clean focusing, just some paints & scuff marks. The Helios-44 is also missig but a Pentacon 50/1.8 was included. All other accessories still there.

- The included Flek 35/2.4 need some helicoid relub, has dent on filter ring but aperture & lenses are clean. I will not complain indeed Smile

- the Lunasix was sold "as is" because there where some stuff moving inside while shacking it and the display was moving a little bit. I was in hope of a something unscrewed and at home, a look inside it told me I was right so the fix was just to rescrew it.

A great day, not because of bargain we were far from expected to do, but to see all those fantastic cameras & lenses, with the hability to play with and nice chat with dealers. And I have plenty fullfiled my initial goals : finsd a Kiev 60 TTL prism (not easy, only 3 vendors sold those camera) and a good light metter Very Happy

Next year I will open a thread for your wishes, and even drive you there if you are in Paris.

Cheers
Florent

Last edited by Flor27 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just save those lenses, I heard that the seller wanted to throw them in trash if nobody take them Twisted Evil
me jealous Rolling Eyes never Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made some bargains !
I went on saturday at 18h30.[/quote]
Oh, you were there too ? Too bad I didn't put a message first, we could probably meet there Rolling Eyes

Nelson wrote:
The only industar i saw was announced at 15e, it didn't try to negociate nd did not bought it.

I've seen it too.

Nelson wrote:

I just bought a Meyer 300 f4 for 70e, may be i should have negociate a little more, it wat annouced at 99.

Vendors were not kind about negociation, and even if they were, too much high starting price have killed us often.

Nelson wrote:
I am jealous for the Tamron 90 at 20e !!!

Don't be, it's like Freddy Krueger reincarnated in a lens Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that first picture the stuff that you bought???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddog,

http://www.cameraexpo.com/
http://www.camerashow.biz/
http://www.antiquewoodcameras.com/shows.htm

HAVE FUN Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links - Can I borrow some money? Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, all you need is that $2000 from another post I saw earlier!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Is that first picture the stuff that you bought???

Thanks God no ! Laughing
It was some stuff sold by a dealer, lying on the floor. You can have a deeper look here : http://flor27.free.fr/forums/mir_1/IMG_6023_.JPG