Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wine Still Life with alu Flek 35/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

You'll spend the eternity in hell drinking tasteless Bud beer. God loves wine Twisted Evil

Laughing Well, I don't drink beer except on rare occasions. If I've been working outside in the heat, one ice cold beer is simply great, but only one. It is
also good to have with smoked blueback or rainbow from my home area,
haven't had such in a very long time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Orio:
I made some searches, on the swedish liquerstore.

Btw the selling of alcohol is regulated in sweden, the state controls it... but their stores are actually quite good and have a good, large selection, the drawback is that its quit expensive and from where I live it's 15km to nearest liquerstore.

Bonarda: all I could find was from Argentina.

Gutturnio: none.

Malvasia: seems common, and is used in the sweet madeira-version (malmsey), which I drank some on a visit to Madeira. But many were from Italy, from different disctricts - Chianti, Frescati, and some I never heard of. Should I look for a special district?

I made a website ones about wine, where people could taste and then set grades/review the wine. Had a hard time get people to use it, and when my daughter was born we didn't drink as much anymore so I let it go.

@A G:
Love the image. Very good items to make stillife of. Sorry for going a bit offtopic Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots (both of them)!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
@Orio:
I made some searches, on the swedish liquerstore.

Bonarda: all I could find was from Argentina.
Gutturnio: none.
Malvasia: seems common,
I made a website ones about wine, where people could taste and then set grades/review the wine. Had a hard time get people to use it, and when my daughter was born we didn't drink as much anymore so I let it go.

Mattias,
if you are interested, I can get you one bottle each of these and mail them to you. The wine itself is not expensive here. The shipping might be, however, because of weight and the need to buy a special box.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG,
where is the photoshop screenshot? :p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
AG,
where is the photoshop screenshot? :p

Here you go Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Shame on you for not using adjustmentlayers Wink.

Thats not that bad acctually. I made a picture once with 42 layers Wink.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:

I couldn't. These are 3 shots, a basic one and other two with different expositions that I used to paint with light. Then I usually merge the precedent layers to clone out blemishes, noise reduction etc, then I use high pass sharpening and usually instead then curves I prefer to use Alien Skin Exposure that creates another layer with the contrast and colors of famous films (in this case Velvia 100F).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
zewrak wrote:

I couldn't. These are 3 shots, a basic one and other two with different expositions that I used to paint with light. Then I usually merge the precedent layers to clone out blemishes, noise reduction etc, then I use high pass sharpening and usually instead then curves I prefer to use Alien Skin Exposure that creates another layer with the contrast and colors of famous films (in this case Velvia 100F).

Aha. Ok, then you are forgiven Wink. Kind of manual HDR then? I've done that a couple of times. Any reason you don't shot HDR and then use different exposure/level adjustment layers to paint the light/dark areas?

(I am curious and want to learn, I am not saying you should) Smile.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's a completely different tecnique pretty similar of the one used in film times when with the shutter open you painted with very narrow directional lights.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Because it's a completely different tecnique pretty similar of the one used in film times when with the shutter open you painted with very narrow directional lights.

Yes, but wouldnt the result be the same?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
A G Photography wrote:

Yes, but wouldnt the result be the same?

Nope, try it by yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 15 minute test of it. And its fun. Will make a proper one later. This one is way to sloppy, but I got an idea of the workflow.

Since we dont do alcohol nor do I have the props you got, a bun, a kids book, a postcard addressed to daughter with a kitten on, a glass of softdrink, an old dusty and dirty lampthingie and a bottle of said softdrink had to do.
Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you worry about the props, they're fine and well.

I'm happy you tried to make some experiments and I'm also thinking about using different out of scene candles to create more complex light scheme.