Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 S.S.C. Macro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina, 70-210 f2,8
Great lens!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina 70-210 f2,8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

I bought this for a bit less than the going rate, described as having a few issues. The aperture ring was clickless and quite loose. The aperture was also slow to return. There is a small ring to tighten right at the mount to retain the aperture ring, the clicks also returned. The slow return was solved by a little lubricant on the PAD actuator. The lens also need a recalibration for infinity focus, which is a simple procedure on this lens. The glass is in good condition.

The lens is the first SLR 24mm lens released, its main designer left Carl Zeiss Jena in East Germany to work at Isco in West Germany. The lens vignettes noticeably. At F8, for a late 1950's lens, the IQ is decent, the corner resolution is not perfect, but quite a lot better than expected.

Interesting lens! As usual you present us some rather uncommon stuff - I really appreciate that.

There are two different ISCO Westrogon 24mm constructions:

1) Patent 1956 by Rudolf Solisch (who earlier had contributed to the construction of the Flektogon 2.8/35mm by Zöllner)
2) Patent 1961 by Wöltche and Rudolf Solisch (clearly improved version)

Wöltche later became a very important designer at Zeiss, of course.

S

LittleAlex wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:
The lens is the first SLR 24mm lens released, its main designer left Carl Zeiss Jena in East Germany to work at Isco in West Germany. The lens vignettes noticeably. At F8, for a late 1950's lens, the IQ is decent, the corner resolution is not perfect, but quite a lot better than expected.

I own the same lens in plastic, with MC for M42. It was certain disappointment for me.

See above ... maybe that explains it?

calvin83 wrote:

The 85/1.8 deserve a better reputation as it is a really good lens compare to other fast Japanese 85mm in the early 70s.

If you want to write something about the RE 1.8/85mm I really would appreciate it (e. g. compared to a another well known Japanese 85mm).

"New" lens (not arrived yet): Sigma AF 1.8/28mm for Minolta AF Wink

S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
Tokina 70-210 f2,8

Nice images, BTW. Tokina 80-200 mm f/2.8 ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. P. wrote:
Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 S.S.C. Macro

Very Nice. This seems to be one of the earlier (and quite rare...) samples of this excellent macro lens since it has a supplementary aperture scale with numbers corresponding to the use with the special extension tube - the later samples don't have that scale any longer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alsatian2017 wrote:
Very Nice. This seems to be one of the earlier (and quite rare...) samples of this excellent macro lens since it has a supplementary aperture scale with numbers corresponding to the use with the special extension tube - the later samples don't have that scale any longer.

You are absolutely right.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
stevemark wrote:
I got a Tamron Adaptall-2 2.5/135mm today. It has a nice and well made barrel, plus focusing goes down to 1.2m.
Not tested yet Wink

S

Interesting! Will watch for what you find with it.

-D.S.

visualopsins wrote:

Looking forward to results S! http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/03B.html

A few preliminary (but nevertheless reliable) indoor tests have shown that the Tamron Adaptall-2 2.5/135mm clearly is inferior to both the Konica AR 2.5/135mm as well as the Minolta MD 2.8/135mm [4/4]. This is true not only wide open, but also at f5.6.

The past days here were either foggy or pretty windy - not good conditions for landscape test images to be honest. I will compare the Tamron to other lenses again as soon as the the weather conditions ar a bit more favourable.

S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
[ I got a Tamron Adaptall-2 2.5/135mm today. It has a nice and well made barrel, plus focusing goes down to 1.2m.
Not tested yet Wink

A few preliminary (but nevertheless reliable) indoor tests have shown that the Tamron Adaptall-2 2.5/135mm clearly is inferior to both the Konica AR 2.5/135mm as well as the Minolta MD 2.8/135mm [4/4]. This is true not only wide open, but also at f5.6.

The past days here were either foggy or pretty windy - not good conditions for landscape test images to be honest. I will compare the Tamron to other lenses again as soon as the the weather conditions ar a bit more favourable.

S

I still remember having bought a Tamron 135 mm f/2.5 to replace my SP 80-200 mm f/2.8 when travelling and for close focusing use. I've sold it very soon after my first tests with slide film (in the middle of the 1990's...) since the results were lacking contrast wide open and sharpness outside of the center (up to f/Cool. Finally, I've resorted to continue using (and lugging around) my excellent Tamron SP 80-200 mm f/2.8. My experience with the Tamron Adaptall-2 200 mm f/3.5 was similarly disappointing, while I appreciate using the SP 90 mm f/2.5 (52BB) and 300 mm f/5.6 lenses now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alsatian2017 wrote:

I still remember having bought a Tamron 135 mm f/2.5 to replace my SP 80-200 mm f/2.8 when travelling and for close focusing use. I've sold it very soon after my first tests with slide film (in the middle of the 1990's...) since the results were lacking contrast wide open and sharpness outside of the center (up to f/Cool. Finally, I've resorted to continue using (and lugging around) my excellent Tamron SP 80-200 mm f/2.8. My experience with the Tamron Adaptall-2 200 mm f/3.5 was similarly disappointing, while I appreciate using the SP 90 mm f/2.5 (52BB) and 300 mm f/5.6 lenses now.

Thank you for theis information! I have the SP 90mm Macro and the SP 500mm mirror lens, and they are pretty good indeed, but otherwise i only have some really old Auto Tamrons ...

S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a speed upgrade today. Don´t know if it´s also a quality upgrade, but from the first few test images, it almost looks like I got lucky. Took the day off for a stroll through Vienna with my wife. Entered some photographer store along the way, nice guy, nice talk. Traded my Nikkor 20mm f3.5 AiS against this in-perfect-condition-Nikkor 20mm f2.8 Ai, plus some upcharge.

This one´s tack sharp at infinity, which was the great weakness of the f3.5 version. The only flaw I see so far is how it smears the highlights in corners when wide open. I´m rather sure this will disappear when stopped down. All images taken f2.8 with ISO 800 and some 1/15 to 1/60sec depending on available light.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
Got a speed upgrade today. Don´t know if it´s also a quality upgrade, but from the first few test images, it almost looks like I got lucky. Took the day off for a stroll through Vienna with my wife. Entered some photographer store along the way, nice guy, nice talk. Traded my Nikkor 20mm f3.5 AiS against this in-perfect-condition-Nikkor 20mm f2.8 Ai, plus some upcharge.

This one´s tack sharp at infinity, which was the great weakness of the f3.5 version. The only flaw I see so far is how it smears the highlights in corners when wide open. I´m rather sure this will disappear when stopped down. All images taken f2.8 with ISO 800 and some 1/15 to 1/60sec depending on available light.

Looks to be in very good condition from here, and interesting images, especially #1 Wink
Been a while since I've seen a self-resetting float switch like that, (or is it a rotary tool motor?) and the machinery tables look interesting as well.
Very nice for wide open!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Looks to be in very good condition from here, and interesting images, especially #1 Wink
Been a while since I've seen a self-resetting float switch like that, (or is it a rotary tool motor?) and the machinery tables look interesting as well.
Very nice for wide open!
-D.S.

Thanks! Yes, I was so keen on taking pictures with it, there were a lot of compromises to be made - available light and all that. We went to the snow globe manufacture afterwards. It´s also a shop and a museum (since Vienna proudly claims to be the place where snow globes were invented more than a hundred years ago). It might be a rotary tool for crafting sockets, but certainly no longer in use. You can choose between different diameters (the one below is some 13cm), colour and material of the stand, a lot of motives, you can even bring your own figurine and have it put into a snow globe. We had a very cute idea for an upcoming birthday of a friend of ours Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first lens right before Christmas! More details on the MFL Advanced Members section. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax-A* 200mm F4 Macro ED yesterday by Bid Auction. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:

Nice, curious about the results. These lenses are very expensive usually.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
starbucklover69 wrote:

I pay 660 chfr. plus Mail.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:

caspert79 wrote:

That's a really good lens - much better (=much less CAs) than the corresponding (earlier!) Canon new FD 4/200mm Macro and Nikkor AiS 4/200mm Micro!

S

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Tokina Tele-Auto 1:3.5 f=200mm (looks like new)
* Braun Reflex-Ultralit 2.8/50 (DKL mount)
* Panagor PMC Auto Zoom 35-100mm 1:3.5 (looks like new as well)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Skoparex f3.4 35mm (DKL?)
Staeble-Werk Braun-Katagon f2.8 50mm (M39 paxette) (with Braun Paxette Super IIL camera)
Meyer Optik Gorlitz Troplan f2.9 50mm (Exakta)

and, not so vintage:

Olympus E-P3, for 40eur was a no brainer + 2 extra batteries, electric VF-2 viewfinder Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
Staeble-Werk Braun-Katagon f2.8 50mm (M39 paxette) (with Braun Paxette Super IIL camera)

and, not so vintage:

Olympus E-P3, for 40eur was a no brainer + 2 extra batteries, electric VF-2 viewfinder Very Happy

That’s very cheap indeed. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
DrBB wrote:

and, not so vintage:

That’s very cheap indeed. Congratulations!

Thank you. Just the camera + extras was 40eur, lenses : Skoparex 30eur, Katagon 20eur, Trioplan 25eur. But still, i'm satisfied, was planning to look for some early Sony FF (A7R) but another cheap M4/3 is also nice add on. I go for lots of hiking and sometimes terrain is very difficult, it already killed 2 of my E-PL1 cameras and few lenses :/ so expensive gear would probably just be added to cabinet and rarely used

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Astron 50mm 3.5 enlarger lens.

I had never heard of it, so I also don't have high expectations. But I got this lens for free, so I can't complain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar Series 1 Auto Variable Focusing 1:2.8 35-85mm - a nice addition to the Vivitar Series 1 2.8-3.5/28-90mm and Vivitar Series 1 3.5/70-210mm I already had! Came as a surprise from my favourite local photo store ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor S 2.8/35mm - looking rather nicely, but (at first) with aperture stuck wide open and focus completely blocked. Plus some rust dust on the inner lens surfaces. Well, those early 2.8/35 Nikkors are rather scarce here, the price was right (CHF 15.-- including a Pentax-M 2.8/28mm and a Tokina RMC 3.5-4.3/35-105mm), and both the aperture as well as the focusing are working now, after some fiddling ... I'll nevertheless have to clean / relube the entire Nikkor 2.8/35mm, but it will look quite nice soon!

S