Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and now this 250mm mirror lens I just picked up today....awaiting the adapter...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to say, but i pulled the trigger - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271031607888

Tell me what I am, either stupid or...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only bargain that i have found was a skopagon 2/40 at $25 in 1989. Well, today i see that like a bargain[/u]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just received my Nikkor 105/2.5 AI-S in new condition for 80€
lens was infected with fungus and after 15min of work the glass is clean and clear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess, easy to disassemble fron element and that is where the critters were, typical! Sellers lost! Nice bargain right there, looks brand new.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I thought like than too, but for some reason I couldn't get to the fungus from the front (couldn't unscrew the front assembly), so I went from the back Wink
the lens has NO signs of use, it seems it was lying somewhere for a decade or two Smile
I'm quite happy that I've got it as this is my last lens... the money must go elsewhere (I've bought a Volvo V40 Wink )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I love Volvo's latest designs, very cool indeed. Nice purchase too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not a lens...

Manfrotto Carbon Fibre 3 section tripod, (190 CX3 CF) apparently unused for...

£15, delivered.

I didn't believe it until it turned up today.
Trouble is, I now need a head for it, as I sold my last "pro" head a couple of weeks ago!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't do so bad this past weekend, most I have spent at a thrift store so far though.

Pentax K1000
Pentax M 28mm f2.8
Pentax M 35mm f2.8
Pentax M 50mm f2
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-4.0 Komine made with A contacts
Vivitar 285HV flash that is digital safe at 8 volts
Vivitar 2x-22 teleconverter
Along with some odds and ends like a flash bracket and some filters.

All for $102, I figured the mint condition 28mm and 35mm were worth that to me, I didn't realize I got the most desirable Series 1 70-210mm of the bunch until I got home. Except for some scuffs on the flash, everything seems to be in great condition. I gutted the teleconverter to make an extension tube for the Vivitar zoom, which makes for a really nice macro setup, just wish the teleconverter had the A contacts like the lens does.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
I know it's not a lens...

Manfrotto Carbon Fibre 3 section tripod, (190 CX3 CF) apparently unused for...

£15, delivered.

I didn't believe it until it turned up today.
Trouble is, I now need a head for it, as I sold my last "pro" head a couple of weeks ago!

Wow! Great, great deal! I'd love to upgrade my tripod...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an astonishing deal. Up until I got home today, I figured it would be a spare part or similar, but given the ad, I could dispute it if it was. For the price, I took a flyer, and it paid off.

The other upside is that a Colleague in work who has just lashed out well over £300 on his CF Tripod, is now smiling significantly less.

By far my best Camera related bargain of the year, and I'm still slightly awed that it's actually sitting here in my Front room. I'm fancying a nice Fluid head for it now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$5

I now have a drawer full of 50s.....waiting on an adapter to see which if any "make the cut"....this one focuses in the same direction as my Nikkors so it has the best chance...if it's any better wide open than the Nikkor 1.4 AIS....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scored on ebay for $100

yashica FX3 super 2000 in pretty good looking shape
yashica ML 42-75 F3.5-4.5
yashica ML 80-200 F4
yashica ML 50mm F1.9
yashica ML 28mm F2.8
Komura 2x extender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfkita wrote:

$5

Shocked Shocked

Congratulations, what a bargain! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say congrats to each of you.

How can you guys always able to find these bargains?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your luck i think.
Every month I get one bargain. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a mint Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 M42 + another lens + camera house for just under 90 dollar

The add hade the text, camera + lens for sale and just one very bad image but I thought I recugnize the nice and shiny lens on the camera Smile

Last edited by BKSPicture on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
mfkita wrote:

$5

Shocked Shocked

Congratulations, what a bargain! Very Happy

+1!

I picked up a Flek 35/2.8 for £40.00 recently which is the best of my bargains in the last few months.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also one of my biggest favorit 135mm for m42.

The Meyer-Optik Görlitz Orestor 135mm f/2.8 for just under 6 dollar Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfkita wrote:
....and now this 250mm mirror lens I just picked up today....awaiting the adapter...

Well...here's one "deal" that wasn't....before I Ebay it for parts.....any ideas why the lens won't focus....?

Full frame and 100% crop...

I tried shots taken withOUT the adapter to see if there's any difference...there isn't....

...and found this scratch on the mirror....it took a LOT of effort to get a decent shot of the scratch....
....though I don't think IT affects the inability to focus...oh well...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like camera shake to me. You need to be really careful with mirror lenses, shoot mirror locked up etc. on a tripod (still doesn't guarantee decent results) or shoot with a shutter speed of 1/ (focal length * crop factor).

I should add, I have the 500mm Soligor branded version of your lens and it's absolutely awful. Sharpness is practically non-existent Confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, looks like camera shake...but it ain't...

I can hand hold long lenses steadily @ 1/125 sec. but used 1/800 sec on that shot...just to eliminate THAT variable....

Here's another at 1/2500 sec...full frame

100% crop

another 100% crop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been collecting MF lenses for 6 months now and started doing so after buying a 4/3's camera and trying my old Canon lenses. I was particularly taken with the not so rated 50 1.8, being the first I tried after buying an adapter. That started a big fire which is difficult to put out. I started going to local charity shops, auctions and car boot sales. I now have over 80!!

My best bargains are:

Two CZJ Flektogon 35mm f2.4 - £15 each - Superb lenses.

A CZJ Pancolar 50mm f1.8 - £11

A Chinon 55mm f1.4 - £10

A Jupiter 11A 135mm f4 - £2.50

3 Minoltas, an HG 35mm f2.8, a PF 58mm f1.4 and a PE 200mm f4.5 - £20 for the three.

A Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 - £2.50

A Nikon 135mm f3.5 - £8

Two Pentax Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 - £8 and £2.50

A Rubinar 300mm f4.5 macro mirror lens - £25 - I've seen two of these sold on Ebay for over £400

A Yashica ML 28mm f2.8 - £10

I also bought five OM Zuiko lenses which for me was expensive, £300.
A 21mm f3.5, a 28mm f2.8, a 100mm f2.8 and two 50mm f1.8.
Theses lenses came with two OM 2 bodies and a macro ring flash. I sold the ring flash for £100 so that makes it £200. I really enjoy using these.

I've numerous Pentax, Pentacon, Helios, CZJ and third party Japanese Lenses. All my lenses average £11.

As a side effect of this I've got over 35 camera bodies, piles of filters, bags and bits and bobs.

I'll be going back to Vietnam in a couple of months having spent most of the previous four years there. This will slow my lens acquisition down but maybe I'll get to 100 before I go.

An added bonus (apart from the photographic opportunities) of being in Vietnam is that I can get a lens CLA for these type of lenses done for under £5. Unfortunately I won't be able to take too many with me. Last year I had a Canon 17-40L lens cleaned and when I got it back I was shocked. It was perfect. That cost £7.50!!

I've been reading the rumours of the upcoming FF NEX and I think this is something I will have to stretch my finances further for.

Here's a photo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats some collection in 6 months and i thought i was bad, Incidently the chinon 1.4 is a lens i have been looking to add but i want the leather clad version to match my 1.7 and the 35mm and 135

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going Braddanman! Very Happy
I agree about the fire, once it's lit you've had it. Laughing