Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, thank you, I appreciate how you can look deep into things and I'm glad you understand what I wanted to mention.
While individual injustments still happen (and will happen always), indeed time change, people get more information from internet, and mflenses.com has made and is making valuable contribution.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
***I also recently sold a nice Flektogon 35/2.4 for £135, and I paid a fiver for it.***

HUH! £135!...I'll have to start putting mine in a lens case when in my back pack with other gear.

Until I realised what people were paying for them, my 3yr old played with it! Thankfully, she only put a small scratch on the grip, and the optics were still perfect after a good clean with dilute isopropyl. I wasn't overly keen on it. The buyer did try the usual "it's got fungus, I want money back", but when shown multiple pictures looking though the lens, he backed down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some Flektogon 35/2.4 silliness for you!

10 bids, £105, nearly 3 days to go.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINT-red-MC-FLEKTOGON-2-4-35-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-Lens-M42-/110800927768?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item19cc3ffc18

13 bids, £109, nearly 3 days to go. This one is boxed, and looks like a very nice example, I expect this to hit £150+
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zeiss-Flektogon-f-2-4-35mm-MINT-Condition-Film-Digital-/180785182375?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item2a17a2f6a7

I had a *lot* of Japanese, Chinese and Korean activity on mine when it was listed on a 7 day auction, though it was shipped to an address in the UK. I find they are not afraid to pay top money to get a nice one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 35mm length lenses are usually not that great, I've tried loads and only found three that were good - Panagor 2/35, Canon FL 2.5/35 and Konica Hexanon 2.8/35. That's in contrast to 28mm lenses where there are loads of good ones. Have to say, even those three 35mm lenses aren't as good as my 28mm lenses so I don't use em very much.

The 2.4/35 Flek is a much better lens than other 35mm Fleks judging by the photos I've seen.

Some lenses are worth far more than their IQ deserves though, some pretty average lenses fetch high prices for unobvious reasons. I'm glad I was able to sell my mint Vivtar S1 2.3/135, I got it cheap and it turned out to be one of the crappiest lenses I've had the misfortune to use so glad I got my money back on it. Sadly I have quite a few crap lenses I still need to get my money back on and some I doubt I ever will, I have a few on my desk right now as paperweights...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint condition SMC Takumar 35/2 - non yellowed! - for 2000 rupees, roughly 38USD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been digging through my boxes of MF camera gear, and have pulled out a few more of the bargains I've gathered over time:

Pentax 50 1.7 (and the sears version as well) that I paid $2 for. (got both for that price)

Nikkor SC auto 50mm 1.4 $5

Off brand Nikon F mount non-ai 200mm F3.5 that I paid $1 for

More as I keep digging.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Focal (K-Mart brand) 28mm f/2.8 in M42 for $3. I started a thread on it cuz I was wondering who made it.

http://forum.mflenses.com/focal-28mm-f-2-8-m42-t45736.html

Takes pretty good pics, really.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Package arrived today of stuff that I got for free. (Traded a little expertise, but no money):
Shocked Pentax SMC K 200mm f2.5 Shocked
Shocked Pentax SMC K 17mm f4 fisheye (previous owner's name engraved on it) Shocked
Shocked Tokina AT-X Pro 80-200mm f2.8 with hood (that last one is AF) Shocked

Also coming from the same deal, but slower shipping, is a
Shocked Busch Pressman Model D 4x5 press camera with 135mm Wollensak Shocked

No joke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, methinks you are being overly modest. Seems like just a bit more than a "little" expertise you must have provided to receive that sort of haul. Good job!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica Lynx 1000 -£5
Vivitar 24/2, Pentax 50/2 and couple of fisheye, wide angle converter - £20
Zeiss Planar 50/1.7 along with yashica outfit - £50
Very recent Stenheil Quinon 50/1.9 -£35 with Wirgin edixa standard
Cosina 17/3.5 -£29

I must admit on 2 occasions I felt a little guilty after winning the auction.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: SMC Tak Reply with quote

"Super - Multi - Coated TAKUMAR 1:2.8/120" in as new condition in m42 mount 2 days ago (Wednesday the 25th). I mentioned the day as it is 25 % senior citizens discount day at the local Goodwill store. The outcome was a $6.00 lens with case for $4.50.
When I told my wife of my good fortune her first words were "can I sell it". That hurts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: SMC Tak Reply with quote

JBruja wrote:
"Super - Multi - Coated TAKUMAR 1:2.8/120" in as new condition in m42 mount 2 days ago (Wednesday the 25th). I mentioned the day as it is 25 % senior citizens discount day at the local Goodwill store. The outcome was a $6.00 lens with case for $4.50.
When I told my wife of my good fortune her first words were "can I sell it". That hurts.

Awesome pick-up... had to have a chuckle at the mrs asking if she can sell it... sounds so much like my girl. hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can 66€ for a Voigtlander Ultron Color 50 1.8 (3rd series) be considered a bargain?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enzodm wrote:
Can 66€ for a Voigtlander Ultron Color 50 1.8 (3rd series) be considered a bargain?

What's 3rd series? I guess only the concave front version would be bargain for 66€. But that might change in near future.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:

Cosina 17/3.5 -£29

Please let us know how well your Cosina performs. I was unaware Cosina made such a lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 50/1.8, damn near perfect after a clean.

Free, along with a Hoya 39mm mount enlarging lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
enzodm wrote:

What's 3rd series? I guess only the concave front version would be bargain for 66€. But that might change in near future.

not the concave, but the planar-like version (from what I understood). I saw here on the forum very nice samples.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ouch. I got Zuikos 55 1.2 and 24 2.8 MC for $100 a week or two ago, and when my wife saw how happy I was she said just the opposite Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

German lenses: CZJ Flektogon 35mm f2.4 and Steinheil Munchen Tele-Auto Quinar 135mm f2.8, both in excellent condition and free. A coworker stopped by my office a few months ago and gifted me his old Spotmatic and lenses. Both are cracking good lenses. Pentacon 50mm f1.8 from a local flea market for $5. Very good lens with nice bokeh and very close focusing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom in Delaware wrote:
German lenses: CZJ Flektogon 35mm f2.4 and Steinheil Munchen Tele-Auto Quinar 135mm f2.8, both in excellent condition and free. A coworker stopped by my office a few months ago and gifted me his old Spotmatic and lenses. Both are cracking good lenses. Pentacon 50mm f1.8 from a local flea market for $5. Very good lens with nice bokeh and very close focusing.

I am adoring this for the close focus! Bokeh is nice too. I suspect this will vie with my Pentacon 30/3.5 for the prominent position on the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
bhargav wrote:

Cosina 17/3.5 -£29

Please let us know how well your Cosina performs. I was unaware Cosina made such a lens.

Cool touch, that's my mistake. It's obviously a Tokina! I somehow always get confused between two of them, even though they sound quite different.

Must say I'm really pleased with this lens. It really performs better than expected. Although a little on the big and heavy side, but surely a keeper.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: My Exakta Bargain of the month Reply with quote

Just back from customs, where I picked up a very nice Exakta V outfit with Zeiss Biotar 1:2 f=5,8cm,
Canon Serenar 1;4 f=13,5cm (with cap, case and, strange enough, the matching finder),
Enna Ultra-Lithagon 1:3,5 f=28mm
+ some additional stuff.
Everything is nice and working. The Serenar and the Biotar need some internal cleaning.
Very happy with this stuff. Just because of the Canon lens, which is a rare find. Very Happy
Paid $166, including postage costs, + tax.
Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Yashica DX 8/500 Mirror with fungus. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I can post in this thread! Laughing

I got:
- CZ Triotar 135 T. The Glass is in perfect shape considering how it was stored. Has a few problems (dirt, bent filter ring and focusing is frozen at infinity).
- Leather case for the Triotar.
- An Autoknips Mod 1 with the tiny aluminum case. Beautiful little thing. Works great!
- Another self timer similar to the Autoknips. Works great!
- 11 Carl Zeiss filters. Can't screw them onto the Triotar because of the filter ring but they fit on my Pancolar. Very Happy
- Cases for all the filters. Both individual plastic ones and a leather box.
- A Werralux light metere that looks like it was never used.
- A Werralux colortester with instructions and pouch.
- 2 CZ macro rings.
- Various aluminum screws and parts.

Paid $12 for everything!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 28mm 2.8 Close Focus
mislabeled on eBay so i got it for $10 Smile