Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought recently a Kiev 16m camera for 11.50 GBP. Well, ok... Surprised

Look, it's a Openar 40mm 1.8 on it Very Happy

My guess is that it's just a custom adapter outside a c-mount to fit Kiev 16mm?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom adapter right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Custom adapter right.

Yep, I got the camera today and it was a custom build adapter outside the C-mount. I removed the screws and the glue and it fitted just right Wink

Very good lens for little money Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) SMC Pentax M 50/1.4 for 1000 rupees (22USD), mint, with front and rear caps.

2) SMC Pentax A 50/2.8 Macro for 1500 rupees (33USD), mint, with front and rear caps

3) Canon FD 55/1.2 for 5000 rupees (110USD), as above, mint with both caps.
Sold this for 11,500 rupees, and am putting this toward a well-priced K50/1.2

4) Vivitar 35/1.9 M42 with slight brassing, but optically excellent, for 1000 rupees, original Vivitar caps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome bhairavp
congrats for yours bargains
and please share pics from your beautiful country with us

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Ian. I'll give it a try when the lens gets here. So what did you use for the flower shot? The Ross Resolux?

I envy you very much. A Contax 139 Q for 10ukp? That's just not fair, I tell ya! Not fair 'tall!

Hi Michael

I have a Ross Resolux, not tried it yet. The flower shot was with my huge Rathenower Optische Werke Visionar 1.9/168mm projector lens.

The Contax is sat here, hot tried it yet, the only lenses I have that will fit it are a beaten up Yashica DSB 55mm and a very nice Hoya HMC 2.8/28, but the latter has an EOS adapter on it that now refuses to come off. I use this lens so much on my EOS I don't want to damage it or the adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhairavp wrote:

2) SMC Pentax A 50/2.8 Macro for 1500 rupees (33USD), mint, with front and rear caps

I want that! Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was a bargain an Asahi pentax variable focusing ring and a SMC Pentax 1:2.8-35 lens hood (looks near mint) for just over $30au including postage.They came with some other "junk" a broken flash,filter etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that focussing gadget is basically an M42 helicoid then I'd say you got a steel. Helicoids are scarce and the few that do turn up like the Rodenstock and Schneider ones are mega expensive for what they are.

Also, given the crazy prices original Takumar hoods fetch, you did well mate!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-11A: €2

Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 metal/half-clicks w/ caps & case +
Hexanon Macro 55mm f/3.5 w/ extender, caps & case +
Hexanon 50mm f/1.7 (was advertised as the mediocre 1.Cool +
2 * Hexanon 40mm f/1.8 +
Admiral (Panagor) 21mm f/4 +
Admiral (Panagor) 200mm f/3.5 +
some random stuff, sigma zoom, tokina 28mm, two Konica bodies, Gossen Sixtar, bag.

Total, inc shipping: 212€. Yesterday a single 85mm lens was sold on Ebay for that money...

Fortunately, the seller knew that the 85mm lens alone was worth €200...

I'm still waiting for my NEX->AR adapter before I can use all this glass...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest good deal isn't exactly "garage sale" prices but...

I found a Pentax K1000 with an SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8, a Pentax m42 adapter, a Celestron 500mm f/8 mirror lens (in case), and a S-M-C Takumar 24mm f3.5 (and a toss-in like-new Vivitar 80-200mm f/4.5 zoom) for $76 plus shipping ($93 total).

The definite keeper of the bunch for me is the 24mm Tak which is getting to be harder to find and is considered a good buy (by itself) if under $200. I may keep the 55mm also, since it is made for the Spotmatic F (which I just picked up a nice working example of a couple of weeks ago).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 'Bokeh Monster' 135mm f/2.8 for £15 shipped? I guess that is a bargain considering some of the prices it's been fetching lately.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Yashica Reply with quote

Yashica Electro 35 CC, perfect condition: EUR 12,50 Smile

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally found the tamron sp 60-300 i was looking for months
bought it last week, mint condition with leather box and orginal carton box for 35 euros !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FD 1.4/50mm S.S.C. for 20 quid. Not sure how much of a bargain that is but they seem to go for a lot more on ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, if it's in good shape, that's a helluva buy. My 50mm f/1.4 SSC is my most favorite 50mm lens. I like it more than my only other f/1.4 50 -- my Nikkor AIs 50mm f/1.4.

I have a line on a Tamron 55BB -- the 2nd version of the 500mm f/8 mirror. A local camera shop has one sitting in its display case for cheap and it's in close to mint condition. If it's still there, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Wish me luck! Cool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up for you. I have had an opportunity like that for the same lens and I thought about it one day too long, I hope that it will not happen to you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Ian, if it's in good shape, that's a helluva buy. My 50mm f/1.4 SSC is my most favorite 50mm lens. I like it more than my only other f/1.4 50 -- my Nikkor AIs 50mm f/1.4.

I have a line on a Tamron 55BB -- the 2nd version of the 500mm f/8 mirror. A local camera shop has one sitting in its display case for cheap and it's in close to mint condition. If it's still there, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Wish me luck! Cool

You deserve it Michael after the last "rainbow" one...I am learning not to hesitate when certain buying opportunities come along... Laughing

I have recently picked up a Mamiya/sekor DTL500 with a mamiya 2/50 with the A/M switch + Tokina RMC 28/2.8 and a few odds and ends...not a great price but fair at around $60au including postage.I am just happy I have a Mamiya 2/50 I can now use on the K200D.
I also picked up a Pracktica nova just to get another 2/50 Pancolar...clean glass but with the typical tight focusing......for under $50au
No bargains but certainly happy with the prices.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Thanks Michael, it's near-mint. 1.4 50s are pretty expensive these days, so I grabbed this one while I had the chance.

Are there any other FD lenses you can highly recommend? Is it just the S.S.C. versions that are really good?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Brillant from 1939 with f4,5 Scopar and Compur Rapid for 24GBP (including shipping)

Maybe not a bargain price, I miss this kind of camera and this has a tessar type lens Smile should be good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Are there any other FD lenses you can highly recommend? Is it just the S.S.C. versions that are really good?

No, the SSC are just more rugged than the newer ones. The New FD 50/1.4 is probably just as good as the SSC, but the SSC just has that massiveness to it that the new one lacks.

Most FD lenses are good lenses. There are some real standouts, but really there are few dogs. Rather than giving you a run-down, you're better off probably asking on a case-by-case basis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, folks, the Tamron 55BB was still there so I got it today. $95, which included the hood, a lens cap, rear filter, and Canon FD Adaptall-2 mount. I'd rate it a solid Exc+. While I was looking at their stuff, I noticed they also had a Celestron C90 (1000mm f/11 I believe) for $95 -- a T-mount spotting scope that is actually a very good mirror lens. They had a very clean Tokina 500mm f/8 too -- in Canon FD mount for $75. That one was even smaller than the Tamron. And they had a Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 chrome nose for about $275, which is about the going price for one of those guys.

This is the same place where I stole--er, bought my Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 macro WITH ringlight flash for $195 about a year ago.

They have a really pretty Zone VI Classic field camera sitting in the case right now. 4x5, no lens, for $695. Slightly cheaper than the eBay prices I see. Sure is a pretty camera, though. I'd like to get a field camera some day. Hell, what I really want to do is make a field camera some day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good price I would say for its condition. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here are mine

i got a sears 135 2.8 mc in m42 given to me

that started it

then i purchased a few other lenses then was given a nikkor 28mm , 50 mm and 135 mm (along with a 3x teleconverter)

i then made a deal with BigDawg for the 500mm he had (this is becoming addicting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron(Kino precision) 35-135mm macro focusing ser#36218327 at a garage sale for $4,had slight fungus on front element(15mins to fix) took some quick shots with it and was surprised at resolution and Bokeh thru range but I found it more useful from 80mm up for macro, it has FD mount but with FD-PK glassless adapter worked extremely well on my Pentax cameras.Again I am pleasantly surprised at results obtained from cheap finds.