Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f1.7 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f1.7 lens Reply with quote

Had delivery of my new (to me) Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f1.7 lens. I'm still waiting for the adapter so no example shots yet Sad but here it is with my GF1.

I have never felt such good quality in a lens! Lets hope the pics are as good as the lens quality!!!! In real life it is about half the size of the Olympus that's on the camera!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
I can Highly recommend all of the CV LTM and M mount lenses (having tried all but just a couple).
One suggestion I would make to you as a m4/3 owner.
Search for the Apo Lanthar 3.5/90mm in LTM. The Optics are the same as the now expensive and difficult to find SL version (for reflex cameras).
You should be able to find the LTM model for around $250-$300 depending on condition of lens and seller.
It will give you a fantastic "modern" look with APO performance.

There are literally hundreds of LTM and M lenses that have been produced over the decades by many different lens makers. Have fun in your search Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bud! I'm desperate to try the lens but need to wait for the adapter. I'll keep a look out for what you suggested.

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have this lens.
It is excellent, very very sharp! And good bokeh.

Here's one photo I took with it at wide open, with Ferrania 200 film:

You can see the whole set here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-ultron-1-7-35-aspherical-t16886,highlight,parma.html
There are also 100% crops from which you can appreciate the sharpness.

-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images on the link!! I think i'm going to like this lens!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,

Why did you sell the lens?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make me happy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Well, I sold my rangefinder cam, so to keep a lens with no camera to mount it on, was not a very smart idea I think Wink

I'm very happy that Klaus got it because I know he cares for Ultrons.