Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with the Praktica VLC3 and the Pancolar 50 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: First shots with the Praktica VLC3 and the Pancolar 50 1.8 Reply with quote

The lens is the "Electric" version. Film is Kodak Gold 200 largely expired. The Praktica was resealed, lubricated and the cover protections fixed.

I commited a big mistake: I opened the camera body after shooting some 10 shots, so the first pictures were burnt.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The film does not look so bad after all (I have used expired film that looked much worse).
The Pancolar shows well it's great resolution in the closeup shots.
How was the use with electric camera?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The film does not look so bad after all (I have used expired film that looked much worse).
The Pancolar shows well it's great resolution in the closeup shots.
How was the use with electric camera?

Hi Orio, very comfortable. The light measuring is made wide open, and at the shooting time, the diaphragm closes into position before triggering the shutter. No need to move the aperture ring to focus, out of shooting time is always wide open...

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Amazing to think that old electric system still works after all this time, thanks to your marker pen battery.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it worked pretty darn good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scanning job also pretty good Jes, thank you for sharing this information.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly low grain for gold too! Good scans and nice shots.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes! superb look certainly different and better that all the digital stuff we only see those days

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Great! Amazing to think that old electric system still works after all this time, thanks to your marker pen battery.

Yes, Peter, and thanks to the immaculate Pancolar I got from the best lens seller in eBay Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Looks like it worked pretty darn good to me.

Also to me. I was doubtful about the lightmeter adjustment, but it seems vey fine after these shots...
I've to run another roll.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Scanning job also pretty good Jes, thank you for sharing this information.

Thanks, Attila. It's from the new lab. Quite cheap and the "standard" scanning is really acceptable.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Surprisingly low grain for gold too! Good scans and nice shots.

Thanks Richard!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats Jes! superb look certainly different and better that all the digital stuff we only see those days

I do really like film, it forces me to concentrate and not to shot the trial-and-error way. It's a radically different approach to photography.
But the most important think is that I enjoy it!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are excellent, Jes! Amazing results from expired film, congrats!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
These are excellent, Jes! Amazing results from expired film, congrats!

Bill

Thanks Bill!.
I found that roll in the case of my old Minolta X300, probably it was there since 10-12 years ago (at least). I got surprised with the colours, I expected some faint magenta tonality and dim colours all over the film, but it was as if the roll got stored on a fridge...

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my monitor, I see a bit of magenta on the fallen tree, but the others look fine.

Wow 10 year old film plus you opened the back as well. They turned out really nice. I would of just trashed the roll when I found it. Now if I come across some, I may give it a shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results, Jes. There's plenty of life left in those old dogs yet, by the look of it.

I found a roll of 2001 cheapy 35mm print film I must use before it gets much older - be interesting to see if it's anywhere near as good as that Kodak at resisting ageing.