Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brixellum 2008, part three: the parade
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Brixellum 2008, part three: the parade Reply with quote

www.oriofoto.net/temp/BRIXELLUM_2008_3_PARADE/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series!
on this series the distagon was perfect, even wide open.
the leica have also nice bokeh & colors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so gladius you posted these, I mean glad, tough not to get in character
when viewing! Wink I guess in 3 days' time I can view my beloved ancient
dance series...

Superb, Orio!

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, I'm glad you liked this little trip with me.

@ poilu : maybe my 1.4/35 is lunatic Razz
Seriously: I think that the blinding sunlight and the reflexions on the leaves and grass has created extreme conditions for the lens at the camp.

After all, we all are following manual lenses in hope to get some with a character, right? Well the 1.4/35 has plenty Laughing
I once said, I love it because it's a thrill every time you open a memory card. It can constantly surprise you (99% of the times, positively), it's like buying a new lens every time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Orio, I enjoyed these very much. I like the excellent young legionnaire picture, was it posed or was he passing by?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Excellent Orio, I enjoyed these very much. I like the excellent young legionnaire picture, was it posed or was he passing by?

I like that too. I was lucky (in the type of photography that I make, good luck is indispensable) because I was squatted, like I often do to photograph large places (this is a little secret of mine I give away) Smile

Anyway I was there getting ready to photograph the square and suddenly he comes out of that restaurant board.
The best thing with children is, they don't shy away. THey take everything like play. So he slowed down to look at me but did not stop or change direction, and even smiled. So I could take 2-3 photos and one of them turned out great. Very Happy The luck was that I was squatted, so I could take pictures at his same height level - which is very important!

At home, reviewing the photos, I noticed something - if you look at picture C_03, you will see the same child running on the pedestrian pathway.
So he was going back and forth to play, evidently. I did not notice him then.
C_03 was also a lucky shot, you have him running and behind him, and old man on a wheel chair. Quite a crude contrast, but I love these contrasts in a photo, they give energy to a photo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another excellent series. I enjoyed looking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another excellent series of pics. I can't help be struck by the faces of the soldiers. It's easy to imagine those same faces 2000 years ago in those uniforms.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them really look raw and brutal, don't them? Shocked
The guy with the wolf on the head is not someone I would like to argue with in any historical age Shocked Laughing
(look at his arm!) Shocked

Ok then there's also the usual accountant-looking ones mixed in Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You new avatar is really cool Orio.