Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exciting arrival . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Exciting arrival . . . Reply with quote

Well I just became a member of the 126 club Very Happy
On Monday afternoon a parcel arrived with amazing contents . . .

(I borrowed my wife's Olympus P+S digital for the following images . . .)

It came with 2 rolls of film Laughing Playing with the battery to get the meter going - (yes I went to Rick's page on replacing Mercury cells . . . Smile

So the camera had a 45mm/f:2.8 Color-Pantar on it, and with it came a 45mm/f:2.8 Tessar, a 32mm/f:2.8 Distagon, an 85mm/f:2.8 Sonnar and a 135mm/f:4 Tele-Tessar (all in their protective "bubbles").

I can't wait to start shooting as this seems to be an introduction to a relative of an old and dear friend (my Mom's Zeiss Ikomatic F - which I loved ).
With all the discussion on this little time-machine here's a neat link I found thats full of neat info . . .
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~ifex534/cameras/contaflex126.html

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... congratulations, a whole set!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lineup...wow!

Now, if a person could find the elusive 25mm and 200mm, this would be super-complete!

Jim, no worry about the battery situation. I happen to have 2 Adapters on order, and I'll send the extra your way. Wink Just call it a "present" for joining the "cub". This will enable our 126's to use standard 386 Silver Oxides , which are less than $2 and last up to 2 years! Shocked

I have to say again, that you will love the accuracy of the metering system on the Conti...my nickname for the camera...haha!

So welcome to the club, and I hope have the FUN of this neat little system...my friend calls it "the small format system with the Zeiss hot-rod glass". Razz

I hope we can exchange info with each other and both benefit from it. I've already found that 2 members of my camera club are now on the "hunt" for the Conti systems! They were impressed with the the results, and they...like you...are reminded of those days when the cassette cameras were really popular.

By the way, those old prices of $175 equates to about $800-$900 in today's currency.

I'm also waiting for one of the camera club guys to give the name of a guy that he KNOWS can CLA these cameras if and when needed!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Great set Jim, well done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Beautiful set!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow congrats! the 126club look very attractive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Brilliant! Great set Jim, well done.

Thanks peterqd, but I can't take credit for the generosity of a friend Very Happy

With luck this baby gets loaded up with a temporary cell and some film, and away I go Very Happy

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a temporary battery in, and the film loaded.

So far all I can say is wow!
The viewfinder is very bright, and it seems to me to be a natural shooter, using it makes you want to shoot more, and more . . .

When I get done and the film processed I'll post some pics.

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking kit - I'll look forward to seeing the results. Between you and Larry, there'll be no stocks of 126 left very soon. Razz