Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Basically anything on a Pentax Body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Basically anything on a Pentax Body Reply with quote

http://adaptist.weebly.com/pentax-k-multi-mount.html

One of the guys over at PentaxForums invented this. I
'm actually trying to get an affordable non-WR Pentax body (like an old K10D or the like) to modify. This adapter ($98 Singapore) allows the Pentax body to mount K, Nikon, Olympus, Contax Yashica, and Konica lenses. So that's pretty nifty. Olympus, I think, focuses slightly beyond infinity but I believe that Nikon, Contax Yashica, and Konica are close enough that they're okay.

I think that's a pretty darn nifty idea and implementation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that a lot, although it does mean that I'd be forced to buy some Nikon and Konica glass! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info!
I don´t use a Pentax DSLR, but probably this idea is even usable on other DSLR after some modification Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have "placed an order" and will see what happens next.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a simple enough idea. I wonder what it will be like to use in real life. There are shims, could be messy if you're using different system lenses.

Keep us informed LouisPictor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I can already mount nikon glass on my pentax k-mount. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea! looking forward to the report of Carsten.

It shouldn't be difficult to modify the mount of a cheap Pentax SLR, actually I already have one that I unscrewed off a body thinking to modify it but I never did it. The photo on the webpage is quite clear, I should try to copy it resp. even better if you, Carsten, could send me a good photo or scan of it Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

It shouldn't be difficult to modify the mount of a cheap Pentax SLR, actually I already have one that I unscrewed off a body thinking to modify it but I never did it. The photo on the webpage is quite clear, I should try to copy it resp. even better if you, Carsten, could send me a good photo or scan of it Smile

Here's where a lot of work was done on it. I copied the web pages a couple of years ago and there's enough there, with pics, to show you how.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ozmwnlzztnw/adaptation-objectifs-bagues-sujet_12101_10.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
kuuan wrote:

Here's where a lot of work was done on it. I copied the web pages a couple of years ago and there's enough there, with pics, to show you how.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ozmwnlzztnw/adaptation-objectifs-bagues-sujet_12101_10.htm

thank you very much Farside!
just, when I click on your provided link I arrive at a site in html and I really can't make sense of it, how to view it 'in a normal way'?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use of Nikon lenses requires a 6mm shim. With the shim installed, Pentax K lenses will mount but focusing is limited to a tight macro range.

With Konica AR lenses, no infinity focus whatosever.

Contax lenses require a modification to the aperture lever.

Really worth the hassle?

Sony NEX maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
Use of Nikon lenses requires a 6mm shim. With the shim installed, Pentax K lenses will mount but focusing is limited to a tight macro range.

Really worth the hassle?

Sony NEX maybe?

thank you for the input.
however I am using NEX and GXR, other interested might as well have a mirrorless, but that is no reason to not make an existing Pentax dSLR useable for more lenses or to even choose a Pentax dSLR to adapt it's mount to be able to use this variety of lenses that will mount directly without any adapter. Nikon and Om lenses should be quite straight forward, only a bit of filing on the camera mount is needed. Without shims they will focus beyond infinity and close focus distance will be increased but otherwise they will work fine, no worries here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:

Really worth the hassle?

Sony NEX maybe?

Good question. Since I hope to get a nice cam for manual Nikkors with sensor stabilization and metering, it can be worth it for me. But I still have to find a nice cam body, because I gave my K100D to my dad. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:

Really worth the hassle?

Sony NEX maybe?

+1 it's hit market too late and lens mod rarely good idea.

Let we see Carsten's opinion once he will receive it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I have ordered it online, I got a PayPal bill. I have now transfered the money.
Now, I'll have to wait for shipping.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Focus is not limited to tight marco.

Because the register distance is longer then pentax's should you if anything loose close focus ability. The Nikkor lenses I put on my k10 focused slightly past infinity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to the user report of Carsten!

btw. this even is interesting for me not only as a ( mostly former ) Pentax dSLR user but also as NEX user, e.g. if user report is encouraging I am thinking of trying to adapt the mount of my Pentax K lens turbo to let me mount my OM lenses, maybe Nikkors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Quote:

Focus is not limited to tight marco.

Because the register distance is longer then pentax's should you if anything loose close focus ability. The Nikkor lenses I put on my k10 focused slightly past infinity.

If you apply the new mount without a shim, Pentax lenses will focus correcly and Nikkors will focus beyond infinity.
If you use the shim, Nikkor lenses will focus precisely and Pentax lenses will only focus at close distances.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
... I am thinking of trying to adapt the mount of my Pentax K lens turbo to let me mount my OM lenses, maybe Nikkors

That was also a second thought. To use that new mount on my LensTurbo. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
Farside wrote:
kuuan wrote:

thank you very much Farside!
just, when I click on your provided link I arrive at a site in html and I really can't make sense of it, how to view it 'in a normal way'?

Sorry; Mediafire has gone all to pot recently.
Here's the original page, still available.
http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Photonumerique/Objectif/adaptation-objectifs-bagues-sujet_12101_10.htm

Looking at it, it's not quite what I recall. Somewhere, there's a Chinese forum page with details of how to modify a K-mounting camera body ring to accept three or four makes of lenses. I was sure I'd saved that one too, but on looking for it, I don't see it.
A search will turn it up again, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I understand you must put shims behind the mount dependant on what lens you are using. Thats messy isn't it? Not exactly quick change.

I would have thought that a dedicated mount for each system with some kind of quick release may be better or perhaps a Canon EF style wide flange and a series of cheap adapters may be better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going for the DIY approach, something like this might useful.

It's the mount of a dead ME Super with the locking pin removed so I can drill holes in M42 lenses to lock them using adapters with the spring removed. But it would be good for viewing the locking mechanism with Nikon lenses. I just haven't got an Nikons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, after about a month, I have not received anything yet. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh Oh...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have complaint to fate earlier. It arrived yesterday!! I picked it up today.
Now, I have to try it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very first impression: Well...

Being a rather careful person when it comes to my camera gear, I tried the "one-fits-all" adapter on a broken film Pentax MZ-50.
I can tell you it doesn't work there!

OK, here is what came in the mail:

Inside, the items looked well manufactured:

So, I started to unscrew the screws that hold the original bayonet according to the manual:

And there I had the first problem: that bayonet ring is connected to the AF pins and cannot be removed wituout breaking the connection from the cam to the pins.

OK, we might ba able to live with that as manual shooters.

I don't know if it is the same with a Pentax DSLR. But if it is, we need to ba aware of that consequence.

Then I installed the Adaptist bayonet to the cam:

The holes are in correct position. But there was another problem:
The screws do not go deep enough into the recess in the bayonet, as you can see here:

Mounting a lens is impossible!

It migh be different with a Pentax DSLR, I need to check that.

For a Pentax MZ-50, I can definitley NOT RECOMMEND that replacement bayonet!