Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

advice super sharp 28 or 35 mm lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: advice super sharp 28 or 35 mm lens. Reply with quote

I need one 35 mm lens or 28 one to fill the space between my 58 and 24 lenses.

I like the super sharp lenses, not matter the bokeh.

I know the zeiss and leica m and R lenses. In my local market, don't find anything of both.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

I don't speack about priced, all is welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not get a Leica or Zeiss delivered to you? I've not come across anything as sharp as a Zeiss Distagon 35/2.8 or 28/2.8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Can you not get a Leica or Zeiss delivered to you? I've not come across anything as sharp as a Zeiss Distagon 35/2.8 or 28/2.8.

Please, listen. A distagon 2,8/35 in rollei mount for the SL 35 (one pin), is near the 500 bucks here.

Silence, you can understand, sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low price and super sharp not met usually, I do not really understand you what do you like to know or hear ? Based on your initial post Graham did reply to you properly. What is your budget ? Where do you like to have super sharpness , wide open ? F8 ? all matter.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Please, listen. A distagon 2,8/35 in rollei mount for the SL 35 (one pin), is near the 500 bucks here.

Nice response Rolling Eyes

Your message makes no sense. You say your local market has none, but then it does have a 35/2.8! Perhaps re-write your message so it makes sense. And tell us what camera it needs to fit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The takumar 28/3.5 and 35/3.5 are both very sharp, not quite like
The distagon 28/2.8, but really sharp none the less. And they should be relatively cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if on a NEX I'd recommend the Sigma f2.8/30mm, cheap, lightweight and very sharp, eh..and it got AF Rolling Eyes
haven't used any Zeiss, for Takumars I agree and recommend the f3.5/35mm! I much like my 3.5/28 Takumar too, it takes lovely photos and is quite sharp, but my Yashinon-Ds ( yes, a Ds in M42 ), Pentax f2.8/28mm and Vivitar f2.8/28mm Close Focus are all in the same level and sharper than my 28mm Tak. Should mention that I have a few 28mm that are less sharp than my tak too Wink

Last edited by kuuan on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta 3.5/28 and Konica 3.5/28, the earlier 7 element versions.

Meyer Primagon 4.5/35, Carl Zeiss Skoparex 3.4/35, Canon FL 2.5/35.

Those are all razor sharp and pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Low price and super sharp not met usually, I do not really understand you what do you like to know or hear ? Based on your initial post Graham did reply to you properly. What is your budget ? Where do you like to have super sharpness , wide open ? F8 ? all matter.

Not matter the price (into the general rule) if the lens cost that in normal way. At least that is what I wanted to write.

If I can´t have an acces to the sharp lens now, not matter, I will put it in the waitting list. When I find it, well, buy it.

Sharp wide open? Not. I usually use the lenses, and the wide angle more, at f/5,6 and close.

There are a lot of lenses that never tried till now. For example, the tokina 28 lenses, the vivitar 35 and 28, Pentax K or A series, canon FD, and so.

And like here, in this forum, there are some people with a lot of experience in lenses and much criteria, I thought that is a really good idea asking them

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
DR.JUAN wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Nice response Rolling Eyes

Your message makes no sense. You say your local market has none, but then it does have a 35/2.8! Perhaps re-write your message so it makes sense. And tell us what camera it needs to fit.

Now the lens isn't to sell. But in my mind I was thinking in newer zeiss lenses.

Any lens is usefull for my. If that wasn't I should put the limits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
The distagon 28/2.8, but really sharp none the less. And they should be relatively cheap.

Both are in my list. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
if on a NEX I'd recommend the Sigma f2.8/30mm, cheap, lightweight and very sharp, eh..and it got AF Rolling Eyes
haven't used any Zeiss, for Takumars I agree and recommend the f3.5/35mm! I much like my 3.5/28 Takumar too, it takes lovely photos and is quite sharp, but my Yashinon-Ds ( yes, a Ds in M42 ), Pentax f2.8/28mm and Vivitar f2.8/28mm Close Focus are all in the same level and sharper than my 28mm Tak. Should mention that I have a few 28mm that are less sharp than my tak too Wink

I added the takumar 3,5/35, the yashinon 28 and vivitar 28.

Thanks Kuuan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Minolta 3.5/28 and Konica 3.5/28, the earlier 7 element versions.

Meyer Primagon 4.5/35, Carl Zeiss Skoparex 3.4/35, Canon FL 2.5/35.

Those are all razor sharp and pretty cheap.

The primagon 4,5/35, the icarex skopagon and the canon 2,5/35 are in my list too.

The Minolta and the konica (both 7 elements) are good lenses.

Thanks Ian.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Primagon, great lens with a great sharpness even if a bit slow

And you can also consider the sigma 30/2.8 AF for the nex, great performer for its price

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the primagon (at least my copy) beat the SMC tak 35/3.5 in sharpness with ease and color rendition, but the tak wins in flare control

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
I'd say Primagon, great lens with a great sharpness even if a bit slow

And you can also consider the sigma 30/2.8 AF for the nex, great performer for its price

Thanks Rick1779.

I don't know if the sigma has a manual focus option.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can use it also as mf, but well, is not designed for that

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
yes you can use it also as mf, but well, is not designed for that

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35/2.4 is pretty sharp in the center wide open, gets sharp across the frame stopped down. But you really should tell us first what camera and sensor size you need it for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOPCON RE, Auto-Topcor 2,8/35

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mick232 wrote:
The Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35/2.4 is pretty sharp in the center wide open, gets sharp across the frame stopped down. But you really should tell us first what camera and sensor size you need it for.

Thanks mick232.

It's really a very good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
TOPCON RE, Auto-Topcor 2,8/35

Thanks mir, very much.

Is it for topcon unirex cam?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it's Topcon/Exakta mount

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topcon_RE_Super

It's no Distagon..... but it's pretty good !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
Aanything wrote:

Both are in my list. Thanks.

The smcK 28mm f3.5 is even sharper than the takumar and only costs about $150

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tip:
Contax G Biogon 28/2.8 T*
(if you're using NEXC3/5N or later or µFT, please stop ignoring our asks about your camera, otherwise I will start recommending medium format fisheye, D-Mount 8mm film and CS-Mount surveillance ~30mm lenses Wink)