Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Werra interchangeable lens rangefinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Werra interchangeable lens rangefinder Reply with quote

I seem to have bought one of these...

It needs the rangefinder tweaking and the slow speeds cleaned out, but looks in good condition otherwise. Seller says the meter works, so that's something Smile

Reading up on them, they seem a nice little unit and I'll definitely get the other lenses for the kit. I really like the styling of the bodies, but the lens styling is a bit odd.
There was a choice between this and a Retina IIIs - the Retina will have to wait, plenty of them about.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks in very good nick, Dave, I want the hood, dammit! Laughing Looking forward to your first roll.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hoods are like hen's teeth - saw a couple of them with asking prices more than some of the cameras. I think I'll make sure it doesn't get mislaid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
The hoods are like hen's teeth - saw a couple of them with asking prices more than some of the cameras. I think I'll make sure it doesn't get mislaid.

mine aint got one either. bloody expensive. I'm waiting for a spares/repairs Werra to come up on ebay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
mine aint got one either. bloody expensive. I'm waiting for a spares/repairs Werra to come up on ebay

Love your unsinkable optimism... the scant few fixer-uppers I've seen over here on ebay, guess what's missing on the camera. I almost
bid on a zone focus one and the hood would not have fit. The RF model has a bulge or rounded flare to it to accommodate the RF lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i had a broken one with hood, cant remember what i did with hood i think it may be in the house will look for it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside,

I like how you say you "seem" to have bought one. I wish my purchases were as mystical.

Enjoy it, I have read some good things about them. A Tessar lens, right?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Hmm i had a broken one with hood, cant remember what i did with hood i think it may be in the house will look for it

I hope you find it. I'm sure we can come to a deal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l9magen wrote:
Farside,

I like how you say you "seem" to have bought one. I wish my purchases were as mystical.

There's always the element of the unknown - will it turn up? The seller's on holiday until this week.

Quote:

Enjoy it, I have read some good things about them. A Tessar lens, right?

Indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they all had Tessars.

Due to licensing I think the later models just called them Zeiss T, like this one

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I thought they all had Tessars.

Due to licensing I think the later models just called them Zeiss T, like this one

Yes, Zeiss West got a bit sniffy about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a superb camera, congrats Dave! Look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It finally arrived this morning and it's exactly as the seller said. The RF is slightly out, registering distances as just a bit longer than the scale indicates, but if I'm shooting at f:8, it will be of no matter.
Slow speeds are gummy, right enough, so that's a bit of a strip and flush out, or it might come right with some exercise. Some of them already have improved with just a bit of working.
It's a nice little camera in the hand, though; I'm impressed by the feel of it. Solid, chunky, who knows about reliability.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a Tessar on it, it must do good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Werra Tessar is wonderful, it might be the best Tessar I've used. I made an adapter from a broken Werra to use it on my NEX. The Flektogon and Cardinar are wonderful too, well worth finding.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always like the Werra, it's a camera that was designed to look good, and it did. I will get one. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one in the 70's the grey/green one. Bought it second hand from Dixons. A bloody good camera, but it was a fad and I part exed it for an Edixaflex.

I had some gear than!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given a 1966 Werramatic with 50mm f2.8 Tessar by an old gent who saw me using my 1962 Rolleicord Vb and he said he had some gear left to him by a deceased Camera Club member so I went and in a very dusty box among lots of broken Prakticas was this camera in a brown leather case- NO FUNGUS in lens and it all works !

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3552/3800767150_a6946f266a_z.jpg?zz=1[/img]
Werramatic by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Full aperture f2.8 available light in our Town Library

Grumpy by pentaxpete, on Flickr
An Estate Agent's car -- have you ever heard of a 'POOR' estate agent NO -- but plenty of struggling PHOTOGRAPHERS !!

Werra 4 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
In our local Churchyard

Werra 3 by pentaxpete, on Flickr