Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 90 lens....A dream come true
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 90 lens....A dream come true Reply with quote

When I was a teenager, I wanted 2 specific Tamron lenses (with a similar price tag) but I only had enough money for one Sad

As I came to photography through my love of airplanes, I then choose the SP 500 mm which became my companion for a few air meetings.

25 years later, I managed to buy the other one : Click here to see on Ebay Very Happy

Seller told me the lens was mint ... we'll see.

Oh, I also won today a Marexar 135 Click here to see on Ebay. Don't know if it is good.

Now, it's time to stop buying lenses and take pictures Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great buy Jieffe. Well worth the wait and now we expect some great samples when you finally get it onto your camera. You are going to love this lens and we shall enjoy watching what you and Laurence do with your new macro toys

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrat Jieffe, you will be super happy with the sp90; it's a top lens & you get it at bargain price
I can not believe the sp500 had the same price tag as the sp90 Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got two superb lens on bargain price! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrat Jieffe, you will be super happy with the sp90; it's a top lens & you get it at bargain price
I can not believe the sp500 had the same price tag as the sp90 Shocked

If I remember correctly, about 20.000 belgian francs (500 €) in 1980-something. I had to mow a few lawns as well as some big paint jobs before having enough money to afford it Laughing

Well, up until now, I used my trusted old Pentax 135mm on extension tubes to get result like this funny fellow :

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

You mean the Marexar is also good ? Greaaaat ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you can see original Tamron prices:

http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/TamronMFLenses.htm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was confused I am pretty busy I not read many post as well I thought you got today SP 500 too. Another lens will be nice door stop .. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I was confused I am pretty busy I not read many post as well I thought you got today SP 500 too. Another lens will be nice door stop .. Smile

Well, I just need one Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Attila wrote:

You mean the Marexar is also good ? Greaaaat ! Very Happy

I have a Marexar 28-80 zoom and if it's anything to judge by, don't build up your hopes too much! Now I have a PK/EOS adapter I can post a pic or two for you tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great price for the Tamron. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

54eu for the T90 is an absolute bargain. You'll be very happy with this lens. The only slight flaw with them is they sometimes, only sometimes, produce a purple hexagonal flare spot in the centre of the pic, but it never happened on film cameras. Must be a result of shiny digital sensors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
54eu for the T90 is an absolute bargain.

Well, the starting price was 50€ but the fact that it was a "Belgium only" sale helped to keep the price low. Only three bids.

Quote:
The only slight flaw with them is they sometimes, only sometimes, produce a purple hexagonal flare spot in the centre of the pic, but it never happened on film cameras. Must be a result of shiny digital sensors.

Did it also happened with a hood ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I have a Marexar 28-80 zoom and if it's anything to judge by, don't build up your hopes too much!

Ebay search didn't gave any clues on the quality, but the price was not high, I just took a chance Smile

Quote:
Now I have a PK/EOS adapter I can post a pic or two for you tomorrow.

Thanks ! I'll return the favor once the lens has arrived.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great price for the Tamron.

It's great how we can now afford to fulfil teenage dreams, and better still we've hopefully got the experience to use them better Wink

You might be lucky with the Marexar - some of these no-name brands can be okay in the mid-focal ranges.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that my teenage dreams were not so chaste Wink however I am happy that you could fulfill yours Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
It's great how we can now afford to fulfil teenage dreams, and better still we've hopefully got the experience to use them better Wink

That's the privilege of getting older ... some people buy expensive sport cars, I'm more reasonable Wink

Quote:
You might be lucky with the Marexar - some of these no-name brands can be okay in the mid-focal ranges.

I read most 135mm are at least OK .. we'll see. I already have a very good Pentax 135mm f3.5, just looking for a faster aperture.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have to confess that my teenage dreams were not so chaste Wink however I am happy that you could fulfill yours Very Happy

Well, I gave up long ago that dream of a jacuzzi session with three experimented japanese girls Wink

The Tamron is also easier to explain to the wife Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Orio - I've still just about got the energy for photography Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Well, I gave up long ago that dream of a jacuzzi session with three experimented japanese girls

I share the same dream with you Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's two pics shot with my Marexar-CX 28-80. Not fantastic, but actually not as bad as I expected.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Here's two pics shot with my Marexar-CX 28-80. Not fantastic, but actually not as bad as I expected.

Looks correct to me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter this is not a door stop , bookshelf stop (sitting all time there) LOL, seriously not that bad yes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream was to buy pro lenses for my Olympus OM-1N. I went through three or four OM-1 bodies due to thefts and airline losses, never getting past mid-level quality lenses like Zuiko 100mm f2.8 and 28mm f3.5 and 200mm f4. Finally I got my old dream f2 Zuikos on ebay, but only to use on dslr.

Actually there is a big business in dream fulfilment of old folks who finally have the money. There are successful businesses selling 1960's 1970's dream hot rod cars and modified Harley motorcycles to 50-60 year old customers.

After I took my first pictures with a new dslr and auto-focus lens, people said they liked my Zuiko lens pictures, so I started adapting old Zuikos to dslr. "Japanese Leica".

Let's see the pictures from that ebay lens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today, I got a visit from the postman [insert Postman Pat theme here] !
After the usual test (checking there is no suspect tic-tac coming from the box, after all I'm working in a broker insurance office Wink ), here comes a box

What could it contain ?

Oooooooohhhhhh, a good beginning !

Still looking good so far !

OMG Shocked

That must be what they call "mint" !

After a quick mount swap, the first pic at f2.5 (no sharpening)

100% crop

The same at f5.6

100% crop

I think I'm in love Embarassed