Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cherry Blossoms
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Cherry Blossoms Reply with quote

I made a "mini studio" a few days ago and spent a couple hours today photographing cherry blossoms. I found it difficult photographing light colour flowers on a light background.

Edit: pre Ai 55/3.5 on a D3000

This is the studio. I know it looks like a 5 year-old made it but it seems to work Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of thing looks so easy but the devil is in the details Twisted Evil

Your background is picking up a pink cast from the flowers, is there any way to get the flowers further away from that background?

Alternatively you could pick a different colored background. A very light grey would give you more contrast but remain neutral.

I'm no artist, but I'm told that colors on the opposite side of a color wheel complement each other, so you could try with a green background - http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply fuzzy.

I tried to remove the cast in photoshop but I couldn't do it without burning out the petals. Need to improve my photoshop skills! Like you said, different colour background card might be the answer. Or a different colour flower.

It was much easier to photograph a lens this way. It was a bit grey on one side so I had a quick play with "levels" now the background looks OK (to me anyway:D )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just beatiful!
#3 does it for me ... all perfect.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are lovely photos, also thank you for the photo of your nice backdrop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most highlights look clipped here, but perhaps it's my monitor.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Most highlights look clipped here ....

The histograms confirm that.