Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ferrania Falco II - 6x9 folding (1946)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Ferrania Falco II - 6x9 folding (1946) Reply with quote

I reached an agreement with a private for a Ferrania Falco II folding camera of 6x9 format, made in 1948.
It's one of the best cameras Ferrania ever made. Version II like mine features a Galileo Terog 6.3/105 triplet lens
instead of the unbranded anastigmat double meniscus of version I.
This is an old advertisement for the camera:

I hope that the copy that I got is not too jammed up. Confused

A further later version of Falco, the S/B, of 1950, was commercialized with a Steinheil Cassar 4.5/105 lens.
But I'm happy the same with the Galileo lens, first one I have of this brand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Friend of mine able to cla'd it if need, don't worry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely looking camera, Orio. It'll be interesting to see how that lens performs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the actual copy that I got, the metal stud under the handle is obviously missing, bummer:

I hope the shutter works.
Attila, thanks for the offer, but how much it will cost a CLA? Because with shipping costs to and from Hungary,
I don't know if it will make sense economically.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great looking camera, congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
This is the actual copy that I got, the metal stud under the handle is obviously missing, bummer:

I hope the shutter works.
Attila, thanks for the offer, but how much it will cost a CLA? Because with shipping costs to and from Hungary,
I don't know if it will make sense economically.

Shipping cost to both way in my guess , 30 EUR , fixing cost 30-50 EUR.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beauty, and such wonderful names to these too! There's just something creative about Italians, no?

But under the circumstance, I think there's only one course of action. Sell your collection, with the money raised buy Ferrania stock. This ought to make you the largest shareholder. With this control you can force them to stop the silliness of moving to toilet paper cleaner product (or whatever it was) from making film. And while at it, never mind the 135 size, force them to make 120.