Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

landscape pano "Schloss Homburg" Leica Elmarit 180
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: landscape pano "Schloss Homburg" Leica Elmarit 180 Reply with quote

Small castle near my hometown stitched from several images.

Captured with Pentax K10D & Elmarit 2.8/180@F5,6.

Last edited by timo832000 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great view. Very good details and sharpness.

Do you use a Leitax mount on your Leica lenses ?

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Rolf exactly. I use Leitax mounts to put my Leica lenses on to my Pentax Bodys. Except it`s the only solution for Pentax, I prefer the mount exchange to every shaky adapter.

PS

@Rolf

The picture shows the view from the observation tower in Nümbrecht county of "Oberbergischer Kreis", onto "Schloss Homburg" and the so called "Homburgerländchen".
It`s not so far away from Bochum.

Timo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Takumar 3,5/28 @ F8 + Pentax K100Ds

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Timo,

many thanks for your answer. Ordered few days ago the first Leica to Pentax mount (not leitax) to try out a Leica-R lens on my K-5. Will try for this first test a 2.8/180 too so good to see your results.

Thanks for the info of the location. Could be a nice trip for a Saturday or Sunday morning or afternoon.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Great view. Very good details and sharpness.

Wink

+ 1
and the picture of the castle took with the tak is also great, a lot of details as well as nice rendering....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful results, and an enviable vista!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: landscape pano "Schloss Homburg" Leica Elmarit Reply with quote

timo832000 wrote:
Small castle near my hometown stitched from several images.

Captured with Pentax K10D & Elmarit 2.8/180@F5,6.

Great results, very detailed which it also should be, given that it's downsized from a large stitched photo. The framing, scenery and color perspective is visually very appealing.

When it comes to the technical quality I can't help noticing the green color cast especially in the sky. It is consistent with what I've seen with Leica R glass that I've used (Leitax converted) - they all give a greenish tint that I find needs pp or compensation with hue/WB.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I used the nice warm evening light to visit this place again. This time I took my Leitz Telyt 6.8/400 with me. It`s an old achromatik lens design with only two glas elements. This lens is supposed to be a bad performer in landscape photography but I think it´s not so bad:

The whole image, stitched from 5 single raw files, cropped a bit.

100% crop, unsharpened:

Timo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the cropped version, it focuses better on the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think you mean that you prefer the current version made with the telyt over the older "wider version" right?

Timo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice effort with pano!

The second shot you show (with the Tak 28 ) is brilliant!

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree, the contrast is quite better using teh 28mm and it does not appear that "flat" (a typical tele effect even teh best lenses have)