Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Auto Takumar 2/55 Pentax M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Asahi Auto Takumar 2/55 Pentax M42 Reply with quote

in APS-C sized dSLR, Pentax K-x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is my most favourite photo of yours. That smile sets me in a good mood whenever I look at it Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much Orio,
I am very happy to know that, and your comment makes me very happy too Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 at the lovely smile, all good pics where I also like very much the movement of the candlelights.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

late but..thank you very much Klypen Smile

to mention: I find the colors these early Auto Takumars render quite special, often the reds:

( that second one I just had shown in the 'portrait contest' too, forgive the double post, that had reminded me to here point to the colors )

cheers,
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images Andreas. I like them all. Great job.

I´m not sure but I believe that the 2/55mm has someting special and performs better than the 1.8 and IMO the 1.4 too.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Rolf Smile
Once - in my very amateurish way - tested only for sharpness a Super 1.8/55 and S-M-C 1.4/50 Takumar, this 2/55 Auto Takumar, a Nikkor-S Auto f1.4/50, Auto Yashinon DX f1.7/50 and CZJ Pancolar f1.8/50. The little old Auto Takumar was one of the sharpest generally, the sharpest at the corners ( on APS-C )...when all wide open Laughing
Anyway, most noticeably it renders colors differently to all of them, including all later Takumars

Last edited by kuuan on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a very special lens Andreas, especially in the hands of a special photographer! Very nice shots!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series Andreas! I can't imagine better ones!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great impressions from this fine lens !
Last 2 shots from first series are very strong for my taste - last shot has lots of dynamics from colors and graphical lines ...

Cheeers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Indeed a very special lens Andreas, especially in the hands of a special photographer! Very nice shots!

thank you very much Klaus for your very kind words Smile
it's a special lens for sure Cool
I must try hard to do it justice..

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great series Andreas! I can't imagine better ones!

wow Attila, what a very big praise, thank you soooo much Smile

best wishes,
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Great impressions from this fine lens !
Last 2 shots from first series are very strong for my taste - last shot has lots of dynamics from colors and graphical lines ...

Cheeers
Tobias

YES, thank you very much Tobias, specially glad you mention that last one from the first series!
I always had felt strong about it, still remember very well when I took it, composing with much care

best greetings,
Andreas