Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some KMZ Tair-11-2 (rare black M42 version) shots on 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Some KMZ Tair-11-2 (rare black M42 version) shots on 5D Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shining shots Peter Very Happy ...I have the "Tair-11", do you know what's the difference with the 11-2 version? and what does KMZ mean Rolling Eyes ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Shining shots Peter Very Happy ...I have the "Tair-11", do you know what's the difference with the 11-2 version? and what does KMZ mean Rolling Eyes ?

Thanks Pascal. I guess you have the silver (and older) version of the same lens with M39 mount. Mine is all black and has a M42 mount. It was only made for a VERY short period of time. I've had 3 of them, all with very close serial numbers.

KMZ is the maker: Krasnogorski Mekhanicheskii Zavod, or Mechanical Factory of Krasnogorsk. The factory's logo:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, thanks for the info Wink ...
yes mine is indeed silver, M39 mount and with also the same factory's logo and above that the inscription : Grand Prix Brussels 1958_Made in USSR ....that's a shame that mine has the helicoid very stiff and quite difficult to use Sad ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unscrew the focusing ring (three-four screws If I remember correctly) and the ring slides off, exposing the helicoid underneath, which can then be cleaned and relubed Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Well, unscrew the focusing ring (three-four screws If I remember correctly) and the ring slides off, exposing the helicoid underneath, which can then be cleaned and relubed Wink

Heu Peter, what have you planned to do tomorow evening Rolling Eyes ???.....no joke of course..... but like you know, I have two left hands and I already try to dismount my biotar 58mm wich is now in two parts and not any more usable Embarassed ...so I don't want to try a second time this experience!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome (if not too early)! And you can even pick up the *ist DS and Primoplan Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
You are welcome (if not too early)! And you can even pick up the *ist DS and Primoplan Wink

Thanks Peter, very kind from you Wink ....this week, I have unfortunatly not so much time but next week, it should be beter for me (at least, I hope so!)...if it's ok for you, let me know via e-mail wich day is the best for you Wink ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely colours, sharpness, bokeh...everything! I've never seen this lens before Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning shoots Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The lens will be for sale soon as I have... two of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a great lens indeed (I have the black version as well). The results never fail to surprise me!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb series, great lens.

The cat shot is very nice and the moody #3

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I don't want another 135mm, I don't want it, I don't really want it!)

Nice photos Peter!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenseH wrote:
(I don't want another 135mm, I don't want it, I don't really want it!) ..........

I don't believe you! Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Tair 11-2 Reply with quote

Hi Peter I have an M42 Peerotar 135mm f2.8 20 blade,silver body which I believe is a rebadged Tair 11-2 and produces excellent shots and the Bokeh is outstanding,have you heard of this lens? Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kryss, can you please post a picture of the lens? If it's really a Tair-11-2 then it would immediately be very clear.

But... If it says "Made in Japan" anywhere on the lens then you can forget it being a Tair...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures as always Peter Shocked
This is a very rare lens I believe? Never seen this on ebay Razz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adityap wrote:
Great pictures as always Peter Shocked
This is a very rare lens I believe? Never seen this on ebay Razz

Yes, it's rare, byt my second copy is up for sale in the MFLenses Marketplace Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Tair 11-2 Reply with quote

It certainly does not say made in Japan and I am just comparing pics of Tair with my lens looks similar.I posted a pic to Pentax forum but as usual can never find anything on that site once posted so I will take another shot and post it Regards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it for you through Google. Fortunately your forum name there is the same Smile

To me it definitely looks Japanese. I have seen mentions of Fujita as the maker...

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/lens-clubs/60880d1272554225-135mm-lens-club-dscf1205-jpg

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/lens-clubs/60878d1272553327-135mm-lens-club-dscf1208-jpg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Tair 11-2 Reply with quote

WOW,that impresses me Peter because I can never find any thing on their search box,I believe it was Douglas of Sweden who informed it might be a Tair,even smells Russian, but it certainly a nice lens I paid about $90 and it is in beautiful condition produces very nice smooth Bokeh,I have 6 other 135mm f2.5/.8/.5 so Although I would like your Tair I have to resist as I just bought a mint Canon T90 with 100mm f2.8 macro +1/1 tube and a MR14X ringflash for $180 which I know I got a real bargain.