Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 57mm f1.2 AR - Panasonic G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 57mm f1.2 AR - Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

Hi-res images are here

wide open

wide open

Last edited by Attila on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think this looks better than the shots from my Porst 55/1.2. Thanks for sharing!

Please also post some close-up shots wide open (preferably at the shortest distance possible). Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I really think this looks better than the shots from my Porst 55/1.2. Thanks for sharing!

Please also post some close-up shots wide open (preferably at the shortest distance possible). Thank you!

I had Porst too, yes better lens. I will do.

My current order on 1.2 lenses is:

1) Pentax sharpest from all at wide open
2) Nikon AIS best bokeh
3) Konica
4) Porst

I didn't have Olympus yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of shots from all the Konica lenses shows us how good they are Attila- I didn't buy a Konica Slr at the fleamarket last time I was there -I regret it it now even though it wasn't in great condition Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love birds shots, Attila.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Great set of shots from all the Konica lenses shows us how good they are Attila- I didn't buy a Konica Slr at the fleamarket last time I was there -I regret it it now even though it wasn't in great condition Sad

The Konica TC is a nice simple/basic camera, takes two old mercury batteries but I've put two 1.5v ones in mine and it's only half a stop out. Not the brightest viewfinder, but hey you can pick this camera up with 50mm, or with 40mm or 28mm for about £20 with a bit of luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! Konica cameras, lenses are inexpensive now and they are first class quality I love them .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens seems to have the dream effect which I found very close to Jupiter 9's.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!

I have a F/1.7 and it fits directly on my e-410 with the rear guard removed, just a little loose Laughing

They are fantastic lenses!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many thanks! Konica cameras, lenses are inexpensive now and they are first class quality I love them .

Very Happy ... i don't think that the Konica 57/1.2 is cheap ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this slight dreamy glow wide open!
That's what superfast lenses are good for.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Very Happy ... i don't think that the Konica 57/1.2 is cheap ...

Compare with Nikon , Olympus , Pentax it's price 30-50% less 200-250 USD is cheap for an 1.2 lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, very nice fairytale-dreamy character of this lens, I like those samples a lot!

I have the SMC A 50/1.2 in possession, I honestly heardly use it because I think my SMC K 50/1.4 produces much better results Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Yes indeed, very nice fairytale-dreamy character of this lens, I like those samples a lot!

I have the SMC A 50/1.2 in possession, I honestly heardly use it because I think my SMC K 50/1.4 produces much better results Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Tobias

In this case perhaps something wrong with your copy, I have both lens too, I rather say they are equal. What's wrong with your 1.2 ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In this case perhaps something wrong with your copy

Yes, that's my suspicion too.

From f4 - upwards it works nearly indentical as my other 50mm SMCs. but downwards it seems much softer than any other of my 50mm. At f1.2 its obviously much softer than any other samples on f1.2 which I saw the web from this lens ... very strange.

However a signifficant difference to any other of my SMCs is the constant oversaturnation.

Toooo much for my taste: look this ... I even did a minimal desaturnation on this one:

(shot in raw)

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobbs, when I shoot color I tend to be a colorholic. I think the colors in
your shot are excellent! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb colors ! My Pentax 1.2 sharpest from all 1.2 lens, at wide open same sharp than at f2 or f4 so I suggest to take it to an experienced repair shop perhaps they able to fix it. Contact to Trifox if you want to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys, I need sunglasses for those colors Cool Cool Cool

... I think I'll have to try this lens again and test around a bit.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really like the rock shot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itr1244 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

This shots are taken with sony nex 3 with hexanon 57mm F1.2 late model.

@ F1.2 , 1/500, ISO200

@ F1.2 , 1/500, ISO200

@ F1.2 1/30 ISO 400
this is pretty much the shortest distance @ wide open in low light situation.
.45 m says on the lens as shortest distance

Last edited by itr1244 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itr1244 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome itr1244!

From now your pictures will show up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome itr1244!

From now your pictures will show up!

thank you..
what did i do wrong so the picture doesn't show up?
thanks
i acquired this lens from my dad's old konica T3 film camera that was given to my dad from my grand father. Smile I had this lens for a while but never knew it could be used on digital cameras.. I got myself a sony nex 3 and a ar to nex adapter. I fell in love with konica lenses, i'm trying to collect some lol..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itr1244 wrote:
what did i do wrong so the picture doesn't show up?

No worries. It's an antispam measure, your first post can't contain images.