Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just bought my first...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Just bought my first... Reply with quote

...Leica M-lens tonight. A lucky strike!

I wanted a longer tele lens for my NEX-3. The longest compact tele I have is the doubtlessly amazing Schneider-Kreuznach Tele-Xenar 3.8/75 and my longer SLR lenses (135mm upwards) are rather big, too big for my taste at the NEX.

Thus I was watching several rangefinder tele lenses in the bay and tonight I won one: a Leitz Hektor-M 4.5/135 (with the fitting M39-Visoflex focus part).

That's the vendor's image:

It's a German pro seller (who lives not far away from my place), so I even have the chance to return it in case it is faulty.

I am happy!! Very Happy

I'll pay by bank transfer tomorrow and the lens should be with me by the end of next week.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks gorgeous Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those. In my initial eBay feeding frenzy a couple years ago, I bought all sorts of stuff I couldn't use on my Pentax (d)SLRs. So I started selling the 'surplus' a few months ago, and have turned into a lens trader. That M-Hektor 135/4.5 cost me US$67 (shipped) and sold for US$100 (plus shipping). Maybe someday I'll have a NEX, and I'll regret selling the Hektor and the Elmar and all those Industar-26's and -61's and the Jupiter-8 and...

[/me breaks down and weeps]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens, Carsten!

Looking forward to see samples with it.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beauty!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really, really lucky with this one. I just hope that it will be OK.

Normally, this lens goes for €100,- to 140,-, depending on version and condition. Often it is even more expensive.
See here. And that one even has cleaning marks.

As I was able to sell some items I had some money in my budget again and I got my copy of the Hektor for an incredible €52,- !!!

But now the times of lens buying are over again. I need to sell some things first. It is really getting too much gear in my cabinet and too little money in my purse again!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has arrived today! Very Happy

Condition as described: very nice with some cleaning marks on the rear lens.
Performance is - on first sight - amazing!

It's really worth its regular price!! And it's much longer than I expected.

More later...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for samples =)
also congrats.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz! Very Happy

I have this as m39, is there any difference besides the mount? Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone gets interested, I have one for sale in the Marketplace since a couple of months... for 120 Eur... it's an L39 mount - but useable on M cameras with an adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
If anyone gets interested, I have one for sale in the Marketplace since a couple of months... for 120 Eur... it's an L39 mount - but useable on M cameras with an adapter.

And it's definitely worth that price!!
As you can see in my screenshot, this lens usually goes for more even with cleaning marks in condition C-D!!

Strong recommendation!!!

P.S.: Great new avatar, Orio!