Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

135mm f/2.8 Meyer Orestor & Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: 135mm f/2.8 Meyer Orestor & Kids Reply with quote

Today was Meyer Orestor day. If you view the pictures you'll understand why everyone should own one. And I don't know, but somehow I think I'm a portrait man Wink

I've also included one with flare to show that it's not immune for difficult lighting conditions. How do the later Pentacon MC variants fare in this regard?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a beautiful lens but all the lenses in your hands look beautiful .... Shocked
The best thing is the children ... Very Happy
You always choose the right light .....
My compliments. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia wrote:
This is a beautiful lens but all the lenses in your hands look beautiful .... Shocked

+1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really nice shots. Cute kids.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first picture the child has a great expression, great set.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Daniele.
Quote:
If you view the pictures you'll understand why everyone should own one

In my blog lens list. This lens is the most watched one (from all around the world audience)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pictures Peter. Am awaiting my copy in the mail Smile
Are all of these shot wide open?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant shots! The last is my favourite.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice comments!

adityap wrote:
Wonderful pictures Peter. Am awaiting my copy in the mail Smile
Are all of these shot wide open?

Not all, but the portraits were definitely shot wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pictures again!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great serie, great lens and great kids Very Happy ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos. A nice lens in the hand of a good photographer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures, and as usual I'm impressed by the colours in your images: care to share something about your postprocessing workflow?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm just an amateur, plain and simple. I prefer simple photography, this is why I always shoot in P mode (with MTF program line; see the settings of your camera) or in Av (especially in the case of the Canon 5D). I also always use the auto white balance and the center-weighted metering mode. Apart from that I always shoot in RAW, with no exceptions. So that's the photography side of things.

So what am I doing with my pictures when I get home? Usually I extract the JPEG pictures from the CR3's/DNG's for my wife, who then creates photobooks with them (if she wants). But shots I really like and wish to publish on the web will get a little extra "treatment", and this is my workflow in Adobe Photoshop CS5:

- Open the DNG/CR3 in Adobe Camera Raw
- Repair blown highlights and/or crushed blacks if needed
- Change the WB if needed (with the WB tool in ACR, and I always do that if there's a clear white point in the picture, for example a white T-Shirt).
- Open the file
- In Photoshop: cropping if needed, levels adjustment if needed (the last step usually only for low-contrast lenses like some early single-coated Takumars). No levels adjustment was performed in the Orestor shots.
- Resize to 1280 pixels wide
- Normal Sharpen with Photoshop action from Absolute Sharpening Web (see www.absolutesharpening.com). This action also adds the nice border around my pictures.

That's it. Not much magic involved I think!

Oh yes, one last note: shoot around times when the light is fantastic, i.e. at or around the "Golden Hours".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
So what am I doing with my pictures when I get home?

Thanks for the detailed reply. I guess the colours are then due to a combination of camera / lens / photographer skill, and the most important thing, that you mention towards the end of your reply

Spotmatic wrote:
Oh yes, one last note: shoot around times when the light is fantastic, i.e. at or around the "Golden Hours".

The more I take pictures, the more I find that the real key element for great image quality is light, its directions, colours, and intensity related to the subject. Of course, you need experience, decent equipment, and composition skills to really profit from it.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super portraits again from your kids.
This lens gives very pleasing results, ... nothing disturbing !

Cheers
Tobias