Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

some snap (street) shots in Amsterdam
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: some snap (street) shots in Amsterdam Reply with quote

Hi!
I was a few days ago in Amsterdam with my familie! It was unfortunatly a freezing day and after twoo hours walking in the streets, my children were almost frozen!!!...that's too bad because Amsterdam is a beautiful city to visit with plenty of nice street photo subjects...Anyway, here are a few street shots, all with voigtlander SLII 3.5/90mm:
on the market:

and some "tourist" views of the town/building:

and a classic "coffeeshop":

and some (classic) girls tourist Very Happy :

Thanks for looking Very Happy !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics Pascal. Did you find new old lenses on the flea market ? Must be a rich source for our hobby.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rasta Alien is Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many places I remember from where I spent my "youth" Wink

Love that pub/cafe de "Sluiswacht" next to Waterlooplein/Jodenbreestraat. Was there many times. The small building looks so funny next to the huge Hoogeschool AHK-building and its walls are so crooked as well. You could make a wideangle shot from it to show how small it actually is.

I just don't know where shot #6 is taken: is it shot near the University at the end of de Klovenirsburgwal, ... or is it the Beurs van Berlage ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Very nice pics Pascal. Did you find new old lenses on the flea market ? Must be a rich source for our hobby.
Wink

Thanks Rolf. No, unfortunatly nothing interesting for our hobby but I was not specialy looking I must admitted (I never do that with my girl friend in the surrounding Embarassed ..... Very Happy )....
Orio wrote:
The Rasta Alien is Laughing

Well, probably not so much difference with the peoples who were in the "coffeeshop" Rolling Eyes ....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
So many places I remember from where I spent my "youth" Wink

Love that pub/cafe de "Sluiswacht" next to Waterlooplein/Jodenbreestraat. Was there many times. The small building looks so funny next to the huge Hoogeschool AHK-building and its walls are so crooked as well. You could make a wideangle shot from it to show how small it actually is.

I just don't know where shot #6 is taken: is it shot near the University at the end of de Klovenirsburgwal, ... or is it the Beurs van Berlage ?

Cheers
Tobias

Well Tobias, I must also admitted that it's the third or may be fourth times than I go to Amsterdan so I'm far to know all the places/streets....each time with family of friend just walking arround or some museum to visited, but I don't remember where the #6 were shot (I guess about 10 minutes walk from the central station, that's the only thing I'm sure about!....) Embarassed .....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy ... no problem

by the way, maybe you know already ...
if you go again to A'dam one day you should visit Foto Jannsen, Harlemerstraat ... you can loose a lot of money there Wink
a bit of unfriendly guy, but at least he knows what he is talking about ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, thanks for the visit!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived 5 minutes from the 'Bulldog' bar Smile

In Krome Waal - about 400 metres from Centraal Station

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Very Happy ...
if you go again to A'dam one day you should visit Foto Jannsen, Harlemerstraat ... you can loose a lot of money there Wink
a bit of unfriendly guy, but at least he knows what he is talking about ...

Cheers
Tobias

I don't know this shop but it's look like a real "caverne d'Alibaba" Very Happy .....