Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

portrait shots of a goose
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: portrait shots of a goose Reply with quote

Here are my first spring shots of 2010.
A little portrait of a wildliving goose:

Taken with my favorite zoo and wildlife combination K10D & Leica Elmarit 180 wide open.

Timo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning as always!! I love it really!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a handsome goose, well captured ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely goose pics. That first one has me thinking the goose might be unsure of your intentions and wary of the possibilty it might end up on the dinner plate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Lovely goose pics. That first one has me thinking the goose might be unsure of your intentions and wary of the possibilty it might end up on the dinner plate.

Smile
More probably, thinking if to attack or not. Most geese are not afraid of men and will definitely attack first if they feel threatened.
I've been in a farm last year where a dozen geese on the yard decided to start chasing me. I tell you, it's not like Larry's bears, but it's not a comfortable situation either. I have been bit by a goose once and I knew it can REALLY hurt. They have such a strong bite, they can take off your fingers. Luckily the farmer came to my rescue Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Orio, geese can be quite cranky. My brother kept one as a back yard pet that did a better job then a watch dog at bailing people up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farmers do use them as watch dogs because they are very territorial as Orio found out.I love that first shot it looks like it is whispering "we will get him when he turns around"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

This goose and his or her maids are all very handsom but piggish and if you pass them they will always beg for some bread.
So if you don`t scare them away they will let you take photos as long as you want.

Timo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
xjjohnno wrote:

Smile
More probably, thinking if to attack or not. Most geese are not afraid of men and will definitely attack first if they feel threatened.
I've been in a farm last year where a dozen geese on the yard decided to start chasing me. I tell you, it's not like Larry's bears, but it's not a comfortable situation either. I have been bit by a goose once and I knew it can REALLY hurt. They have such a strong bite, they can take off your fingers. Luckily the farmer came to my rescue Rolling Eyes

Next time ask somebody to record it on video it will be a great fun to us Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Timo,

Fantastic shots, the depth of field is perfect Shocked

I struggle with focus on reasonably static objects, these shots display great skill, well done

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooses again, this time with Summicron 90:

Timo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spring Smile ... very far away still here !

love #1 from the color series - very gooosy position.
and #1 from bw series

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning that 's all i have to say
great job

Regards
Catalin