Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Swirly Wirly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Swirly Wirly Reply with quote

For the swirl and Cyclop 85mm f/1.5 lovers Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice swirly swirl Very Happy It fits a lot to these compositions.

#1 is a great shot !
in #2 the swirl causes a bit of headache Laughing

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics!one of the most interesting lenses:)
I`m waiting for mine Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
Great pics!one of the most interesting lenses:)
I`m waiting for mine Smile

Congratulations with your purchase! My pics are fairly bland here so I cannot wait to see how it performs on your FF and with portraiture. It will be even more swirly so don't forget to keep your subject dead center.

Last edited by Spotmatic on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures, I simply love the Cyclop Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting effect, but to be honest, I don't like that swirl a lot. It is just too distracting to my eyes.
In some cases that's a brilliant effect, though. And one that you only can achieve by using the right lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Very interesting effect, but to be honest, I don't like that swirl a lot. It is just too distracting to my eyes.
In some cases that's a brilliant effect, though. And one that you only can achieve by using the right lens.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swirly wirly --

and Spot-ly!

Peter, you always have a 'good' lens in your hands - and good result as always..

I am not a fan of that kind of bokeh but the lens has its own character for sure!..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! It's good that our tastes are different. Like we all know there's more to a lens than sharpness. Likewise a bokeh can be boring, bland, normal, interesting, extraordinary. It's good to have a lens with one of those points exaggerated, provided that it suits the subject. As I have shown not all subjects are appropiate, but I've shown them anyway so that you can learn from them Smile

Now how would the Cyclop perform on FF? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
swirly wirly --

and Spot-ly!

Peter, you always have a 'good' lens in your hands - and good result as always..

I am not a fan of that kind of bokeh but the lens has its own character for sure!..

tf

+1
#2 is my fav and indeed verrrrrrrrrry swirly Very Happy .....

Spotmatic wrote:

Now how would the Cyclop perform on FF? Any ideas?

Peter, if you want to try your cyclop on my D700 (with focus to max few meters of course Confused !), you are welcome Wink ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely swirl. #1 is my favourite.