Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

red roses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: red roses Reply with quote

as the weather is quite cold in Europe, I send you some roses from my garden
I put #1#2#5 in prophoto profile as they turn orange in srgb
pics should be red if your browser use profile
in the last one I see some purple reflections that doesn't show in poposhop
edit: I check them on my laptop and they are horrible orange, nice red need good lcd
with rodenstock rodagon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my screen, it's simply unbelievable RED Shocked ....
Great details, very sharp, perfect colours, beautifull bokeh, what else could I say ......Oh yes, great "exotic" lens in good hands Very Happy ....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most difficult subject for a DSLR.
You did a very good job. My favourite is #5 where you have less of the unavoidable red clipping.
I still would use good slide film for this subject though. In my opinion the DSLR are not ready yet to make this subject at best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful red with my cheap ACER P205h monitor calibrated with HueyPro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Orio, as the others look slightly oversaturated. When I take shots of roses, I usually underexpose slightly to keep enough headroom to avoid red clipping. Very difficult indeed, but you did a good job!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems I made some mistakes
here is the version with faithful profile without any modification of contrast or saturation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a lot better, like day from night!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very natural looking, much better!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooooo ! Great so see some colors. I only see white when I look out my windows Wink

Very nice detail in all the photographs.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one looks much much better. Love those enlarger lenses - Rodagons are particularly good, but I also love the el-nikkors and schneiders. And you have clearly demonstrated the need for accurate profiling.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It looks a lot better, like day from night!

Even I can see a big difference Shocked Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll echo what the others have said - this is extremely difficult to pull off, and you done it! Excellent work

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Poilu for these roses.
My last survivor ones are now gone and my garden is all white with snow at present.

On my screen (wide gamut), first ones are very contrasty and flashy but I see very well the different reds. #5 has fine colour rendering.
The last one you posted is much more natural.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed that the last photo is a lot more natural, has more subtle tones of red. The processing on the second photo also kills the bokeh, the rose that is out of focus is too prominent in the image.