Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Gift From Portugal???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: A Gift From Portugal??? Reply with quote

Hi,
I went to the beach the last few days (The Texas Gulf Coast in the USA) and shot a lot, Infrared/B&W film/Color film and this is the first one I processed. It’s the deadly Portuguese Man o’ War (Around 15-16 c. ).

The beach was unfortunately covered with them so we didn’t go in the water.

This is an IR shot but the colors are pretty accurate, the IR brightening up the magenta a bit. I have more (Whooping cranes among them) and will process more as time allows this weekend.

Cheers
Jules

(This shot: El Nikkor 135mm enlarger lens on a bellows, clear glass converted 40D with a yellow lens)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know those from the beaches in Holland, ... sometimes they really overflod the water near the beach. There are blueish ones too, when you get in touch with them you it HURTS Mad
I think the transparent ones are harmless...

I like the magenta touch to the photograph !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, deadly... isn't this supposed to be one of the most venomous creatures on earth?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a beach toy for kids Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
wow, deadly... isn't this supposed to be one of the most venomous creatures on earth?

Yes!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Looks a beach toy for kids Shocked

Yes but most parents around the area are familiar with these beasties so almost no kids or dogs get stung.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astounding picture. Would deserve a magazine cover.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Astounding picture. Would deserve a magazine cover.

Thanks very much Orio, I really like the enlarger lenses they are great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent shot. Must agree about the use of enlarging lenses - I do love that nikkor 135.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the neon pink veins ...