Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 50mm f1.4 T* Planar shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Zeiss 50mm f1.4 T* Planar shots Reply with quote

From the garden

1:

2:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one is very good, classic Planar colors Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots! I want that lens too! Smile
In the second one, was the ISO value very high? the background seems very noisy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

praxis wrote:
Fantastic shots! I want that lens too! Smile
In the second one, was the ISO value very high? the background seems very noisy.

It's not noise but the image is at about 80% crop so really zoomed in. The ISO was 200.

Thanks all for the kind words! The Zeiss lenses are superb!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% crop? it's better than I imagined then, I really got to have one Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have become quite a convert to the Zeiss cult - my favourite lenses right now are the planar 50/1.4 and the distagon 25/2.8. The sonnars 135/3.5 and 180/2.8 are also highly treasured. Says something from a nikon follower who hates canon (but uses one for the non-nikon lenses). That noise I find very characteristic of Canon's performance in the 40D and similar. I was just comparing a bunch yesterday taken with the D200 and 40D under identical conditions and with identical lenses (bellows mounted) and the canon results were extremely noisy, almost unusably so.

patrickh

please don't flame me, I am only calling it the way I see it based on my own direct and personal experience.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first image is really great - unmistakeable Zeissness Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify that the images were taken on a Nikon D5000. I no longer use Canon. I had to sell all my DSLR gear as i lost my job and am using this 'opportunity' to try Nikon and so far I'm loving it apart from using MF lenses which is a bit of a pain (The camera, not the lenses!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken on a Canon 40D - just to show the Planar does not mind which body it is on:

patrickh Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I have become quite a convert to the Zeiss cult - my favourite lenses right now are the planar 50/1.4 and the distagon 25/2.8. The sonnars 135/3.5 and 180/2.8 are also highly treasured. Says something from a nikon follower who hates canon (but uses one for the non-nikon lenses). That noise I find very characteristic of Canon's performance in the 40D and similar. I was just comparing a bunch yesterday taken with the D200 and 40D under identical conditions and with identical lenses (bellows mounted) and the canon results were extremely noisy, almost unusably so.

patrickh

please don't flame me, I am only calling it the way I see it based on my own direct and personal experience.

I am a Canon user but I agree with you Patrick, the Nikon DSLR (at least the most recent ones, in the past it was different) are decidedly less noisy than the Canons.

Or perhaps it's a different and less obtrusive kind of noise.

I think this is the unfortunate consequence of Canon's race for the top megapixels count.

What can I say, I would use Nikon DSLR immediately (and not just for the noise) if it wasn't for the register distance which prevents me from using the lenses that I love the most.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shot is

"WOW!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow-shots !
Special capture #1 and very special colors in #2

Cheers
Tobias