Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I love Gooold!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: I love Gooold! Reply with quote

golden vivitars...
Click here to see on Ebay.de

what do you think about that kind of lenses? i've seen nikkors like that...would you use them or just keep them under the glass bell?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy them. If I got them for free I don't think I would do more than testing them once. But the wooden box lookes nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I love Gooold! Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

what do you think about that kind of lenses? i've seen nikkors like that...would you use them or just keep them under the glass bell?

I would hide them. Tackiness index beyond scale Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if you're a crack dealer....... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please.... next thing we know (as if we do not have a million too many already) we will have a new 'reality show' pimp my lens...

Doug

Smile

PS Along the same lines, here in the US every other show seems to be an 'elimination fest' like Survivor but for chefs, dancers, singers, and nearly any group that can consist of 5 or more. I vote we have a show where the PRODUCERS of such shows compete to see who can hang on to their heads until the final? The loser every week would be 'chopped'.. at their NECK! That I'd watch....

Lloydy wrote:
Only if you're a crack dealer....... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: I love Gooold! Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
golden vivitars...
Click here to see on Ebay.de

Not enough gold - the rubber grips detract from it.
Anyway, gold is so passe and tacky - it needs to be platinum.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are beautiful, now if I was a rich man & not a poor pensioner - -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold plating is not very complicated or difficult. The wooden case is a nice touch, but I wouldn't use that cheap import box unless it at least had quality dovetails instead of those butt joints.

Hanimex? What for? Proof of concept? Now if someone were to gold plate an expensive Zeiss or APO-Lanthar or Leica. Both red and white gold in pattern, nicely chased...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having both lenses but not gold plated I can vouch for the optics.
Now where's my can of gold paint so I can increase their value?