Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jewish cemetery
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Jewish cemetery Reply with quote

-=1=-

-=2=-

-=3=-

-=4=-

-=5=-

-=6=-

-=7=-

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do well with the gravestones, I find them difficult to photograph so there's separation relative to surroundings... you manage this so well, and get good lighting too.

So: what film, developer, camera, lens? Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a great B/W series~

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
So: what film, developer, camera, lens? Smile

Fuji Neopan Acros @ Foma W-17 Hydrofen 1+3, 20*C, 20min, Mamiya RZ67, Sekor Z 180/4.5, Sekor Z 90/3.5.

djmike wrote:
Wow, what a great B/W series~

Thank you very much. These are not all the pictures that I took that covers this topic. If there's an interest, I'll post more of them later.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's my monitor, but for such subject I would wish for some more contrast. I miss deep blacks in the shadows and highlights on the stones.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are superb. Such a 3D effect. The first one takes my breath away ...

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I don't know if it's my monitor, but for such subject I would wish for some more contrast. I miss deep blacks in the shadows and highlights on the stones.

+1, that would be perfect Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great... last one especially. Looks almost like stone portraits. Neopan acros is really good selection.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great B/W subjects and a lovely series indeed. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series however I have to agree with Orio and CarbonR about shadow/highlight. You have pm

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. I think the contrast is near perfect (my monitor is cheap but I have just calibrated it). I don't think there are absolute blacks in a wooded graveyard during the day, are there? Many of the shots I see here (that people like) look to me to have filled in blacks with blotchy transitional areas.

Were they shot with a Tessar? I find the "clumpy bokeh" in the third one a little distracting. There are strong sharpening fringes but presumably that is the result of trying to restore contrast after shrinking them for the forum.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, respectfully done!

Personally, I don't want to take pictures on a cemetery. But I agree there is nothing wrong about these.

Very nice!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Very well done.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Great series however I have to agree with Orio and CarbonR about shadow/highlight. You have pm

Thanks for the opinion. I did not receive any PM, though.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
Nicely done. I think the contrast is near perfect (my monitor is cheap but I have just calibrated it). I don't think there are absolute blacks in a wooded graveyard during the day, are there? Many of the shots I see here (that people like) look to me to have filled in blacks with blotchy transitional areas.

Were they shot with a Tessar? I find the "clumpy bokeh" in the third one a little distracting. There are strong sharpening fringes but presumably that is the result of trying to restore contrast after shrinking them for the forum.

I have calibrated EIZO T965 and everything looks fine to me, but it is so individual that for someone the contrast is too high and in the same moment - for sb else contrast is too low.

I don't know whether Mamiya Secor 90mm is Tessar-type design. All picyures were taken with Secors 90mm and 180mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done series. The last one (#7) just pops out.