Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2 SP 35-80mm F2.8-3.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Tamron AD2 SP 35-80mm F2.8-3.8 Reply with quote

Wow...

Just got one for 36,60 GBP with case.
You know what, I'm happy ! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a beautiful lens! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
That is a beautiful lens! Congrats!

Thank you Attila.
All my prayers are with you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal Olivier! I'm not really a zoom fan but this one really is special. Just watch out for flare and get a hood for it if you can find one. It takes a rubber clamp-on type, I'll give you the Tamron number when I can find it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brings a tear to me owl eyes, seeing this treasure being bought. It was me first zoom it was, and no other for 15 years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tamron 35-70mm 09a is quite good as well. I have the sp one like yours also, but the SP 28-80mm 27a has a better range.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you gentlemen.

If you're interested in those Tamron zooms, it seems that this seller regularly has nice ones to sell :

http://shop.ebay.fr/ferndowncameras/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a long thread dedicated warning from this seller, many must have had bad experiences.
I had run across that thread just after I had won 2 bids from this seller, yesterday these 2 lenses had arrived.
The Industar 50-2 had a very stiff focus ring and I had contacted the seller. He had answered rel. fast offering full refund saying that he guarantees his description to be accurate. Later found that the thread to focus on this particular lens lies exposed and that it simply was dirty, cleaning it resolved the issue.
The second lens was in good condition.
- I will find that other thread again to write my experience - I believe that this seller doesn't test the many lenses he offers very well, and sells them uncleaned. However prices usually are very cheap, descriptions sometimes do not reveal exactly which lens it is and researching one may find some hidden goodies. One can make very good deals, but one must be a bit lucky..

Last edited by kuuan on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Kuuan, I do agree there's a risk due to the lack of detailed photos and item description.
We'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as mentioned he does not have a great reputation, see:
http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-seller-ferndowncameras-keith-rocks-new-outfit-t14855.html
however checking his offers again I am very tempted to bid for some lenses again! Prices are low, the two I bought are fairly OK, but one must be a bit forgiving when he days excellent optical condition Wink and one must be a bit lucky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got burned on that exact lens on ebay. The apereture will not close. I will sell it in the next days for parts etc. I will put an ad in the marketplace. Now with the Samyang 14, 85 and 35mm comming out next year I think I stop hunting for this zoom lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh...be prepared for a lens which doesn't match the auto generated description...

Saying that, I managed to get a refund on one, so I shouldn't moan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can say at the present moment is "wait and see, keep my fingers crossed...". Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Thank you gentlemen.

If you're interested in those Tamron zooms, it seems that this seller regularly has nice ones to sell :

http://shop.ebay.fr/ferndowncameras/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

At the buyer's own risk. That's Rocky.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
I managed to get a refund

Was that easy? I ended up with a duff Pentacon 200/4 and he never replied to emails until I started a claim. Then he offered a refund but I had to pay the postage back to him, so I ended up keeping it for parts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks pretty cool too Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Shrek wrote:
I managed to get a refund

Was that easy? I ended up with a duff Pentacon 200/4 and he never replied to emails until I started a claim. Then he offered a refund but I had to pay the postage back to him, so I ended up keeping it for parts.

Yep, he was really apologetic and refunded in full including return postage...but he claimed he wasn't sure if he ever recieved it back or not and refunded anyway. Personally, I think he is highly disorganised...but then again he does shift a LOT of stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I received it this morning. That's fast delivery.
Everything's fine with the lens and the case.
The zoom ring is a little stiff but it's better and better whan using it.

After removing some dust and cleaning the lenses (I always do that when I receive a lens), mounting my AD2 to M42 adapter and my M42 to Canon EF, I gave it a try even if weather is rainy.

It's evident that this seller should give more precise informations and more photos of the lenses he sells. But this one is OK for me. Good price, good delivery cost, fast delivery and correct packaging.

Here are the samples. Click on them to get a 1200x800 picture :

1/ Wide open

2/ at F8 :

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate, I'm glad the lens is OK. It looks a cracker!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh of relief here for you Olivier, I'm glad it worked out OK.

I promised to give you the details about the Tamron hood. Unusually it's a rubber hood which clamps on. Tamron number is 25F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Shrek.

and thank you Peter for the sigh and the hood's info. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it easy to remove dust from a Tamron? Mine has a fair bit + what looks like a red bit of plant material?? THAT I would like to get rid of.it's on the back lens...other than dust it looks and feels great waiting on film being developed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Is it easy to remove dust from a Tamron? Mine has a fair bit + what looks like a red bit of plant material?? THAT I would like to get rid of.it's on the back lens...other than dust it looks and feels great waiting on film being developed.

Not easy to fix , clean any zoom lens.