Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay seller ferndowncameras->Keith Rock's new outfit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Ebay seller ferndowncameras->Keith Rock's new outfit Reply with quote

Keith Rock member446885 alias rockycamera developed for himself a new ebay nick ferndowncameras to lure new, naive ebuyers and to confuse everybody who knows him under previous names. This guy sounds always good, as the honest person, friendly and trustworthy. His most favorite expression is
Quote:
Dear bidder, as per ebay rules (…)
The true is, he doesn’t follow any rules but his own. His policy is to take money from you any possible way. His name is Keith Rock and his second name is “I will always survive, you fool”

Below some additional information about Rocky

http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-seller-member446885-keith-rock-t8182.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/beware-e-bay-seller-rockycamera-was-member446885-t7619.html

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=member446885&Dirn=Received+by

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=rockycamera&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

I will update this tread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted ebay and asked them why they allow a crook like this to escape his bad reviews by changing his name. I have also told them I shall not be using ebay any more until they give me a rational and honest answer

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Ebay will answer a polite nothing ... please publish when you get it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work as always Voytek - this guy is beginning to sicken me.

Here's a link to HIS NEW STORE for all that are interested.

We should start buying up stuff really cheap from this one under new names and leave Negative Feedback regardless of what the gear is like Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS - Just realised that this is my 300th post here; it's always nice to give something back to the community - let's try to f*ck with Keith's head for a while Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent him a little welcome note from all his fans here and across the world...

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Voytek.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting is how "new" Keith Rock builds his "new" image and reputation. Let we see:

4 feedback from 4 sellers, 4 "nothing important" items, 4 cheap transactions.
I am surprised that he didn't find for example bargain like $0.99 recipe how to boil water for tea in 15 minutes, delivered online so shipping and handling would be free.
No, he is a man, he knows business:
1. From first seller he bought remote control, paid £0.50, shipping £3.99, total £4.49 ebay item #140302441432 Click here to see on Ebay
2. From second seller he bought LCD Screen Protector, paid £0.99, free shipping, total £0.99 ebay item #160312370091 Click here to see on Ebay
3. From third seller he bought SD Card Reader, paid £0.45, shipping £1.50, total £1.95, ebay item #300294561119 Click here to see on Ebay
4. From fourth seller he bought Flash Cable, paid £1.39, shipping £0.49, total £1.88, ebay item # 350168197747 Click here to see on Ebay

Summary: Keith Rock - for your "new" reputation (read please camouflage) you've paid total £9.31, new ebay nick you did choose for free. £9.31 is in US Dollars 13.52, the same as price for 12 pack of average quality beer, before TAX of course. Keith Rock - you are really cheap ....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just visited his shop. His listings contain the phrase..

..AS I AM REGULARLY COMMENTED UPON IN FEEDBACK FOR MY CHEAP POSTAGE.

But he hasn't sold anything yet !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that he even does not bother replacing his pics or style of describing the parts.

This can be used to proof that Rocky = Ferndowncameras ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, he's selling a Zeiss Super Ikonta 532/16 which is at very low price ATM.

That must be one of the loudest ticking bombs ever - they are NEVER in "absolutely fully working" or "perfect optical" condition.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Damn it, he's selling a Zeiss Super Ikonta 532/16 which is at very low price ATM.

That must be one of the loudest ticking bombs ever - they are NEVER in "absolutely fully working" or "perfect optical" condition.

Buy it, but use a credit card to pay for it.
If he tries to play games, call your credit card company to reverse the transaction. This way it will be safe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
I've just visited his shop. His listings contain the phrase..

..AS I AM REGULARLY COMMENTED UPON IN FEEDBACK FOR MY CHEAP POSTAGE.

But he hasn't sold anything yet !

I stopped to buy at him. Among the two last packages, he sent one (100+$ valued) without traking, altough I paid insurance, I received it, opened a paypal dispute and got refunded. The last (150+$ valued) was never received (real), same thing, got refunded by paypal. On the two disputes, he only left a automatic answer Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's cleaned out his rockycamera account - leaving only one item for sale Laughing

Expect to see a flood of sh*t appearing under this new moniker anytime soon - the laughable thing is, he thinks he's bullet-proof as well as invisible Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha

Gotta love the internet! Laughing

Good detective work, Voytek Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

He received 13 feedback for 13 transactions. All positive. But somebody didn't rate his service with stars and somebody who did, show already disappointment. It looks like this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works!!!!. Finally we are on top in google search regarding rocky.
Look at this:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if you use topic title it works pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://members.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ferndowncameras

He is not trying to hide him, he just hide the amount of negative feedback Rolling Eyes

Edit :

Quote:
I always guarantee all of my items as per lot description so if ever there is a discrepency with an item you should contact me first by using the ebay message system to try and resolve as per ebay rules and conditions which mean threats of feedback extortion are not entertained and are reported as against ebay rules.

Please note due to ebay new feedback changes it is my policy to ban ALL neutral and negative feedback leavers from all of my auctions so to avoid this and any possible ebay complaint against you I suggest as per ebay rules contacting me first to try and resolve.

"Don't try to extort me positive feedback, but if you leave me neutral/negative feedback, you'll be banned from my auctions" Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's totally thick, and can't string a sentence together using basic punctuation.

The last time I read anything like his eBay 'About Me' nonsense was the final chapter of James Joyce's 'Ulysses', in which the author omits punctuation completely!

Nice to see that others are wise to his little tricks too - further down the Google search results there's a blatant 'Avoid' Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky aka Ferndown Reply with quote

I am still holding a one-way dialogue with ebay about this creep. Here is my latest sequence:
Quote:
1) DB90012 Your recent email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM317624034V64738L0KM) Received: Mar-05-09
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item 110349930455 (Tamron AD2 SP
70-210MM 3.5 MACRO ZOOM Lens=WORKS WELL=). I understand your report
about this seller's selling activity.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Your report will help
make the eBay Community safer for everyone.

We reviewed your report about "rockycamera" and will take appropriate
action. We may take a range of steps that include giving a warning,
canceling a listing, restricting or suspending an account, or removing
PowerSeller status.

We protect the privacy of our members, so we can't share the results of
our investigation with you. We appreciate you taking the time to file a
report and help make eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,
Marian

2) Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-02-09

Topics

Message: You have still failed to answer my question. The fraud in question happened more than a year ago. I have watched this piece of slime continue to defraud people on a regular basis since then. Let me repeat my question:

WHY HAVE YOU PERMITTED THE POWER SELLER NOW KNOWN AS "ferndowncameras" TO CHANGE HIS NAME FROM "rockycamera" AND FROM "member446885" AND THEREBY ESCAPE HIS NEGATIVE RATINGS?

The ONLY protection buyers have is the system of reporting on transactions and you happily conspire with a "power seller" to bypass and evade the system.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND TO MY QUESTION. I DO HOPE 'SHOUTING' PRODUCES AN INTELLIGIBLE RESPONSE.

Patrick Hildreth

Of course I could not accept such a fob-off and so I have responded again with the following:

Quote:
Subject: Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-05-09

Topics

Message: This is my THIRD attempt to get a rational answer to my inquiry about your policy on "Power Sellers" evading negative comment by changing their names. I am left with the inescapable conclusion that you actually support them in this abhorrent practice, but are unwilling to admit it publicly.
DO YOU CONDONE THE PRACTICE OF SELLERS EVADING NEGATIVE COMMENT BY CHANGING THEIR NAMES? Can't put it more simply than that, and a yes/no answer will suffice for the time being.

Here is the thread of most recent emails between us, perhaps yo will understand why I am frustrated by the "let's humor the dope" nature of your responses if you re-read them:
1) DB90012 Your recent email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM317624034V64738L0KM) Received: Mar-05-09
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item 110349930455 (Tamron AD2 SP
70-210MM 3.5 MACRO ZOOM Lens=WORKS WELL=). I understand your report
about this seller's selling activity.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Your report will help
make the eBay Community safer for everyone.

We reviewed your report about "rockycamera" and will take appropriate
action. We may take a range of steps that include giving a warning,
canceling a listing, restricting or suspending an account, or removing
PowerSeller status.

We protect the privacy of our members, so we can't share the results of
our investigation with you. We appreciate you taking the time to file a
report and help make eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,
Marian

2) Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-02-09

Topics

Message: You have still failed to answer my question. The fraud in question happened more than a year ago. I have watched this piece of slime continue to defraud people on a regular basis since then. Let me repeat my question:

WHY HAVE YOU PERMITTED THE POWER SELLER NOW KNOWN AS "ferndowncameras" TO CHANGE HIS NAME FROM "rockycamera" AND FROM "member446885" AND THEREBY ESCAPE HIS NEGATIVE RATINGS?

The ONLY protection buyers have is the system of reporting on transactions and you happily conspire with a "power seller" to bypass and evade the system.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND TO MY QUESTION. I DO HOPE 'SHOUTING' PRODUCES AN INTELLIGIBLE RESPONSE.

Patrick Hildreth

Getting nowhere, but I do not want to give up. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Round five in the never-ending saga Reply with quote

Latest from them and from me:
Quote:
Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-06-09

Topics

Are you seriously telling me that the negative and positive comments made about member446885 were transferred to his new account when he changed his name to rockycameras, and then all those comments were transferred again to his latest incarnation as ferndowncameras?

I have never met a group of people so incapable of answering a simple (if embarassing) question. He has NOT changed his products, he still uses exactly the same misleading descriptions of the same products. His business (and his business malpractices) have NOT CHANGED.

DOES EBAY SUPPORT POWER SELLERS WITH BAD COMMENTS BY ALLOWING THEM TO CHANGE THEIR NAMES TO AVOID THOSE BAD COMMENTS?
On the face of it, ebay has done exactly that. You have been notified that the seller in question has made these changes and you are unable to answer the direct question - HAVE YOU COLLUDED WITH THIS POWER SELLER IN EVADING HIS NEGATIVE COMMENTS?
PLEASE - A NON-EVASIVE ANSWER. Your previous statement is an outright evasion at best, if not an outright lie. Did you permit this seller to change his name at least twice to evade negative comment? The facts are very clear - this seller has changed his name twice and started fresh with no comments each time. He has not changed his products, he has not diversified, he keeps the same contact address. The only thing that has changed is that his previous comments have disappeared. Are you aware that he has done this, and have you agreed to allow him to do this? I do not know how much more direct I can be with my question. So far, with the incredibly evasive answers I have received, I must assume that you, as a company, support this behaviour. If this is the case you are obliged both legally and ethically to announce this fact in your terms and conditions. Are we reaching the point here that I should put on my attorney hat and approach the court?

Previous messages follow:
Re: FR91000 Your recent email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM317716978V20822L0KM) Received: Mar-05-09
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your Feedback concerns.

Changing your user ID does not remove your Feedback received, and it
does not make it so members cannot leave you Feedback.

Many members find that they need two accounts because they sell
different types of items, or they sell so many items that they need two
accounts to keep sales organized. Having two accounts is fine as long as
each account has a unique user ID and email address.

-- Important --

- A seller can *never* use one account to bid on a listing from his or
her second account, or be involved in the same auction. Also, a seller
cannot leave Feedback for his or her other account.
- If your account is suspended by eBay, you are not permitted to
register a new account or use any other account to circumvent that
suspension.
- If one account is blocked from bidding on a seller's listings, you are
not able to use a secondary account to bid on that seller's listing or
it would be a violation of our Unwelcome Buying policy.

For more information about the inappropriate trading behavior mentioned
above, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/report-trading.html

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Kenny
eBay Customer Support

Important: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information
(such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social
Security numbers, etc.) in an email. Learn more account protection tips
at:

http://www.pages.ebay.com/help/account_protection.html

For our latest announcements, please check:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

In order to better serve you, we'd like to occasionally
request feedback on our service. If you would rather
not participate, please click on the link below and send
us an email with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line.
If that does not work, please send an email to the
email address below. Your request will be processed
within 5 days.

mailto:cssremove@ebay.com

Original Message:

To: eBay Customer Support <rswebhelp>
Subject: Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and
Safety Department. [#US 100881T ?01 ] (KMM317300057V56454L0KM)

Form Message: %43422% 040404
D_ID030520090904D_ID/W_ID166807091W_ID/S_ID000S_ID
User Feedback: 244
User State: ?01

Browser info: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US;
rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021906 Firefox/3.0.7

Topics

Message: This is my THIRD attempt to get a rational answer to my inquiry
about your policy on "Power Sellers" evading negative comment by
changing their names. I am left with the inescapable conclusion that
you actually support them in this abhorrent practice, but are unwilling
to admit it publicly.
DO YOU CONDONE THE PRACTICE OF SELLERS EVADING NEGATIVE COMMENT BY
CHANGING THEIR NAMES? Can't put it more simply than that, and a yes/no
answer will suffice for the time being.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real bullshit answer from Ebay if I understood well. They won't do anything till Rocky provide them a very good income. They not care at all any buyers...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Attila
but I shall keep on harassing them until I get an answer that can hang them

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Real bullshit answer from Ebay if I understood well. They won't do anything till Rocky provide them a very good income. They not care at all any buyers...

I sometimes think Ebay uses a computer program to respond to these message Sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes got his first negative Very Happy