Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Update to forum galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Update to forum galleries Reply with quote

Given the high number of autofocus images posted in the digital gallery recently, we have decided to split the "Digital Gallery" in two sections, one for manual focus and the other one for autofocus.

Since most new members come here to read and see about the use of manual focus lenses with digital cameras, we thought it was necessary that the "old" digital gallery could display manual focus lens images only.

Seeing a lot of autofocus images mixed in did alter the nature and the purpose of this forum.

From now on, digital images made with autofocus lenses have their own dedicated gallery section, and will be accepted only in there.

Please note that threads of manual focus lenses images that also include autofocus lens images for comparison or exemplification purposes, are considered in topic and are accepted in the Digital Gallery MF.

As for the film galleries, the quantity of autofocus images is usually so small that we did not feel necessary to lenghten the list of galleries for this reason.
Therefore, the occasional autofocus images will from now on be accepted in the film galleries, as long as they are tagged with " [AF] " at the beginning of the subject line, in order to make it visually clear at first glance.

The same tag and use applies to the Oversize gallery.

For any question about this issue, please use this thread.

Last edited by Orio on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good decision !

I never posted AF pics... but was tempted to do it. Wink

Thank you. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't posted any AF images to date, but now I may post some in the new forum...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I hadn't posted any AF images to date, but now I may post some in the new forum...

Me too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be quite useful, from time to time. There are occasions where I find an AF handier - just today I lost a few good shots through slow focusing of an unfamiliar MF lens. When I revisit the location I'll use an AF lens too. Of course, the same events won't repeat themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted some pics from AF lenses and AF cameras.

When I can find my posts again, how should I notify someone for them to be moved over to the AF galleries? And, who should I notify?

Also, if a photoset combines AF and MF glass, what is the correct protocol for posting on the forum?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
I have posted some pics from AF lenses and AF cameras.
When I can find my posts again, how should I notify someone for them to be moved over to the AF galleries? And, who should I notify?

The moderators of that gallery

SkedAddled wrote:
Also, if a photoset combines AF and MF glass, what is the correct protocol for posting on the forum?

if the AF pictures are provided for comparison purpose in a test or something, the place is the manual focus lens forum. If the AF pictures are mixed to MF pictures for display, publish in the AF galleries.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio,

a very well decision.

Would suggest to make for special (longer) threads (for example "user pics" or the actual autumn thread or the pet thread ...) a special section where we can show images with MF and/or AF lenses together.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hi Orio,
a very well decision.
Would suggest to make for special (longer) threads (for example "user pics" or the actual autumn thread or the pet thread ...) a special section where we can show images with MF and/or AF lenses together.

The Café is open to all pictures including those from cell phones Very Happy so no problem there.

As for the mixed threads, the place for them is in the AF gallery.
The MF gallery must remain manual focus only.
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice - to seperate MF from AF and also not to be afraid to show photos taken with AF though the forum is still mainly on MF.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Good choice - to seperate MF from AF and also not to be afraid to show photos taken with AF though the forum is still mainly on MF.

More than a choice, is has been a forced choice.
Either this, or to start removing threads and hurting people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
my_photography wrote:

More than a choice, is has been a forced choice.
Either this, or to start removing threads and hurting people.

Maybe a situational force choice but still a wise choice. Laughing