Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prague 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Prague 1972 Reply with quote

Hi,

today I scanned a lot of slides from 1972. Here a first sample.

Shot with Practika Super TL, a Meyer lens on Orwochrom UT18
(was a student with no money) Wink

Thanks for viewing and any comments.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting car park! You renewed successfully colors I didn't see how old this film.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Interesting car park! You renewed successfully colors I didn't see how old this film.

Unfortunately I was a poor student. I better bought this car. Would be a good investment in the meantime.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someone can remember to this cars.

2 Tatra - I´m not sure type Type 603 T2 ? from approx. mid 60´s

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the TATRA 603-2

-- something from Wiki:

The T603-1 is easily distinguished by its three headlamps enclosed beneath a clear glass cover. The T603-2 had four headlamps mounted within a long oval grill, while the unofficial -3 omits the grill and places the headlamps flush with the car's front fascia.

Engine: V-8 air cooled -- EXCELLENT CAR! -- I spent in this car quite a lot of time Wink

tf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tatra ! talk about memories ... do you have soem Volgas or Zil as well ? i like the atmosphere on the second shot... ah 1972. good year Very Happy

damn it brings back in time . your pictures are simple but remind me of many things .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
It's the TATRA 603-2

-- something from Wiki:

The T603-1 is easily distinguished by its three headlamps enclosed beneath a clear glass cover. The T603-2 had four headlamps mounted within a long oval grill, while the unofficial -3 omits the grill and places the headlamps flush with the car's front fascia.

Engine: V-8 air cooled -- EXCELLENT CAR! -- I spent in this car quite a lot of time Wink

tf

Is your father was communist party leader ? Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that trifox was a hidden agent at times. Razz

With no wiki the car of the first pic on the right is the infamous Trabant. If one ever ride inside , talk about vintage plastic car. But hey it done its job, that is staying on road whatever happened ^.^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

With no wiki the car of the first pic on the right is the infamous Trabant. If one ever ride inside , talk about vintage plastic car. But hey it done its job, that is staying on road whatever happened ^.^

Trabant was my first car I bought as new couldn't be happier anybody than me. I was so proud I have brand new car Laughing Several years later when I drove a BMW I did give my BMW to my cousin because he went to Germany and I drove his Trabant again .... I was shocked ... even if I drove a lot and love it. It has 26 HP

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf, those are awesome pictures. I cannot tell these are that old! Please tell us more about your scanning procedure. I'm about to buy my own scanner but I haven't selected a certain scanner yet. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

Hi hexi,

that was easy with the Trabant. But what is the type of the older red one with the plastic cover ? Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***I'm about to buy my own scanner but I haven't selected a certain scanner yet***

Try and pick up a S/H Epson 2480 35mm scanner for about £10.....the results are good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Rolf, those are awesome pictures. I cannot tell these are that old! Please tell us more about your scanning procedure. I'm about to buy my own scanner but I haven't selected a certain scanner yet. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Peter,

I own a Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED with SF210 (automatic slide feeder) and the original Nikon software.

Depending on the film you have to change the software fine tuning. That´s all and yes (the well known sharpening tools Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice insight in the old times ! - the Mini in 1st pic obviously had no hand-breaks Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, I really would like to see more! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Thanks for sharing, I really would like to see more! Wink

X2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
trifox wrote:
It's the TATRA 603-2

-- something from Wiki:

tf

My father had switched his career path(!) and become a driver for people from government.
He bought TATRA 603-2 as a written off car.
We used this beauty for our weekends trips Smile and we used to have a peaceful journey all the time.
No policeman looked after us because of that car used for government only! Very Happy

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st.. I think that is som very old SKODA model -- extremely big.
2nd - veteran car - it could be TATRA or SKODA - I am not sure.
3rd is DEFINITELY - FIAT -- very common car in Czechoslovakia I think it could be FIAT 400 or so..

4th - the last one --
yes!! as described before --it's the famous TRABANT, made in GDR!

Extremely LIGHT car with good ability to go up to hill easily.

Nice memories, Rolf!

thanks for sharing.

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Attila wrote:
trifox wrote:
It's the TATRA 603-2

-- something from Wiki:

tf

My father had switched his career path(!) and become a driver for people from government.
He bought TATRA 603-2 as a written off car.
We used this beauty for our weekends trips Smile and we used to have a peaceful journey all the time.
No policeman looked after us because of that car used for government only! Very Happy

tf

Laughing Laughing Laughing nice!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Trifox the red car with the cover is an old Skoda or possibly a Praga from 1930's