Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 67 || Fuji Astia 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Pentax 67 || Fuji Astia 100 Reply with quote

My first roll at the new Pentax 67.
Lenses used were 55mm F4 and 135mm F4 Macro.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS I seen portrait is perfect, this slide designed for portrait. Others are not a 6x7 quality.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Attila says: the portrait is perfect and I also like the chairs shot, but the other photos are a bit behind.

I see that you used a Canon 450D to "scan" them. I think a real scanner would be a great investment...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I see that you used a Canon 450D to "scan" them. I think a real scanner would be a great investment...

That's true, and for now, as I'm still a student, I'm not planning on investing on a scanner because they're still a bit expensive (and not that good)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close subject like cheers what is a great picture indeed, easy target for any camera even for half frame, compact digital etc. Big thing is gather lights and capture enough details from long distance with normal or wide lenses. In my experience benefits from medium format start at longer distance shoots. Perhaps nothing wrong with other shoots, just need to scan them on real scanner and we will see awesome output.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, just looking for the slides at light, they look very impressive.
But my scanning method doesn't catch that Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rodrigo --

I do the same even though the scanner is better

-- please, use a piece of tape for BOTH sides of your slides...

It helps!

And you'll be fine!

NIce pictures -- and KEEP IT UP!

tf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portrait indeed !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Epson V500 scanner would give excellent results from a MF slide and it really isn't very expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
The Epson V500 scanner would give excellent results from a MF slide and it really isn't very expensive.

That's relative Wink