Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tiltall old tripod - from the flea market
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Tiltall old tripod - from the flea market Reply with quote

When I paid $15 I was pretty surprised that old piece of junk performs much better then expensive Manfrotto which I tried week ago. (but finally gave up- to expensive)
This is what I brought home.

When I've got home started to make research. And this is what I found:
http://www.plumeltd.com/tiltall.htm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find voytek. A good tripod is essential

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some great tripods, and you got a fantastic price

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice old kit. There are some tripod bargains out there - dead solid and reliable, for not a lot of cash. My old Daiwa is like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask on this thread,what do you look for in a tripod....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stability - rigid construction, no wobbling.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good tripod wil last a lifetime... Congratulations Voytek!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good tripod is essential , right. I have three garbage tripod Laughing Laughing had to change I bought a graphite one from Alex. Let we see hopefully it will be here soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about the original, pre-Leitz Tilt Alls is they were made in New Jersey, USA! Same US state as Bruce Springsteen. And me...

I had one of these for the longest time. Built like a tank by Italian brothers who owned an ice cream business. How cool is that? Regret needing to sell it...oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. I had one but he center column seized. Someone must have over tighten and jammed it. Sold it on ebay for an old Gitzo Sports Performance (got it cheap) plus monoball head. Very happy since.

But the Tiltall is way more sturdy that my the Gitzo I am using now.