Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Lightroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Problem with Lightroom Reply with quote

For some reason, the colours inside my Lightroom installation (2.1) appear completely different from what they appear in the other programs (Photoshop, Xnview, etc.)
The other programs are all consistent with colour, it's just Lightroom that is off.
How can I fix that please?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean what appears balanced in Lightroom, has a strong magenta cast in the other programs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange... I restarted the computer and the problem seems to be gone.
I dont understand Question Confused

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you use MS Windows Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wonder if that was a design consideration? If it doesn't work right, restart Shocked

I wish my car was like that Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably couldnt read colourprofiles because of some obscure reason at startup.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now even stranger: after installing update to 2.3, the whole program disappeared!!!!! Shocked
I did not uninstall it.
Now if I click on the shortcut, it says it's non existent! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Now even stranger: after installing update to 2.3, the whole program disappeared!!!!! Shocked
I did not uninstall it.
Now if I click on the shortcut, it says it's non existent! Shocked

Either the install got interrupted while deleting the old version and copying the new version to the harddrive.

Or

Your paths have changed, and you have to remake the shortcut. Did you make the shortcut yourself? If so, the installer will not update it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the paths are changing, because Lightroom is installing a newer version in a different folder.
This way you can have two or three different installations/versions.
Check your shortcut, or better, create a new one to the newer installation.

Only the database is loaded from your global profile.

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I wish my car was like that Laughing

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The installer removed the previous version without asking, and installed the new one in a different path, yes.
I wish there was more user control in the process.

@ Graham : Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinks you solved already but I had the same problem.
Lightroom changes the color balance of you monitior. I had to got in Windows XP to (I have German XP but it should be something like this) - Monitor Properties - Color Management and then change back to - Adobe RGB1998.
This is a very strange thing that lightroom is doing by installing, I never understood why ..

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
I thinks you solved already but I had the same problem.
Lightroom changes the color balance of you monitior. I had to got in Windows XP to (I have German XP but it should be something like this) - Monitor Properties - Color Management and then change back to - Adobe RGB1998.
This is a very strange thing that lightroom is doing by installing, I never understood why ..

Yes, I did that also.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution....Buy a Mac! Laughing Cool