Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dimensionality of CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Dimensionality of CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8 Reply with quote

It's awesome. Gotta buy more Zeiss lenses. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha YES. We are lucky really they had factory in communist blocks too and now we able to buy superb lenses for nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Laughing great rendition.

But wait a minute are the dslr kit lenses so crap compare to m42's ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

Some of them sharp , but they are too neutral for my taste. I had Nikon D50 and Olympus E-1 kit lenses both took nothing special pictures. So I didn't use them after a few shoots.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have had many kit lenses and like Attila says: none of them were any special. Great for good light photography but that's about it. I'm not so sure about expensive Pentax DA* or Canon L lenses, but the price/performance ratio of old M42 primes like the 50mm's simply cannot be beat at all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I also have had many kit lenses and like Attila says: none of them were any special. Great for good light photography but that's about it. I'm not so sure about expensive Pentax DA* or Canon L lenses, but the price/performance ratio of old M42 primes like the 50mm's simply cannot be beat at all.

One of our members bought first M42 primes and he sold it to buy for 10x more money a Canon 135mm L lens after he fed his curiosity he found same good than 135mm f3.5 Jena lens and price difference was 10X ?!.

Need to decide by self if like any lens output take it even AF , MF if don't sell it and buy a more matched ones to your taste.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
haha YES. We are lucky really they had factory in communist blocks too and now we able to buy superb lenses for nothing.

Laughing Laughing
hexi wrote:

My kit lens is collecting dust on the shelf since I bought m42 lenses. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WallyJr74 wrote:

Actually I got the Pentax K-7 with the kit lens for a good reason: the kit lens is weather sealed, so I can use it in rain and sandstorms without the fear. I haven't discovered weather sealed lenses with a M42 mount yet Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
WallyJr74 wrote:

Actually I got the Pentax K-7 with the kit lens for a good reason: the kit lens is weather sealed, so I can use it in rain and sandstorms without the fear. I haven't discovered weather sealed lenses with a M42 mount yet Very Happy

I never made any photos in crappy whether like rain or sandstorms do you think this is really important ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
WallyJr74 wrote:

I never made any photos in crappy whether like rain or sandstorms do you think this is really important ?

Yes, the fact is that you *do not* take photos in bad weather, for fear that your equipment gets damaged. I do not have those fears because my combo is sealed. This will also provide me with more photo opportunities. Other prographers will put their cameras away but I can keep shooting.

Also, I can take the camera + kit lens with me while taking a shower Laughing

Not with the kit lens, but you get the idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zooPXbWJis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

They're not crap, but buying one new isn't generally worth it. Secondhand, that's another story - they can be picked up very cheaply.
The Canon one isn't too bad, but the Pentax (actually a Samsung-badged job) one is very good, especially for the money.
Horses for courses, like everything else.
Where I find the kit-lens very handy on the Pentax is the lens's ability to dial in its zoomed focal length automatically for anti-shake - and that's why I bought the K10D in the first place, for its AS.