Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Butterfly Bonanza
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Butterfly Bonanza Reply with quote

We went to a friend today and noticed that there were quite a lot of butterflies in his garden. Unfortunately I had no MF lenses with me, so I had to make do with the Pentax K-7 and SMC Pentax-F* 300mm f/4.5 ED [IF] and the SMC Pentax-DA 18-55 WR (I used the new K-7 kit lens for photo 7).

The F* 300 is not quite a macro lens, but you can get fairly close to the subject. Of course, it also helps that it is one of the best 300mm lenses that Pentax ever made.

I'm sorry for the Dutch butterfly names in the border, but if you're really interested I can look them up for you.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some awesome images here again! Thanks! I love all of them , great lens, great camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a garden! colorful selection of butterflies and master shots, congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: butterflies Reply with quote

Very impressive - here in the west of Scotland we seem to get very few butterflies, so it's good to see they do exist somewhere!

The kit lens you used for picture #7 seems good - I have the earlier version and find it does well enough at 55mm for close range and medium apertures but it's less good at longer distances and shorter focal lengths. Do you know if they've changed the optics?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a magnificent display Peter.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a WOW.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots all of them, Peter!
What's your first impression of the K7, and how does it compare to K20/10 ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - superb !

pentax is over the canon in image quality ..

tf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots ! like flowers butterflies are an easy subject but demand more patience. By the way the one on pic 3 & 4 is my fav so far, even with that complicated namee, reminds me when i was kid but i had no camera yet Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Great shots all of them, Peter!
What's your first impression of the K7, and how does it compare to K20/10 ?

Thanks Tobias!

Like I said in another thread (don't know if it was here or somewhere else) the K-7 is great for MF lenses, but it's actually better to use the Live View mode because the metering is then in most cases spot on. The rest is just the icing on the cake, but it does not make us better photographers I'm afraid Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... but it's actually better to use the Live View mode because the metering is then in most cases spot on.

Thats very good news to me! ... thanks for your impressions.

Cheers
Tobias