Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trip to northern Bohemia...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Trip to northern Bohemia... Reply with quote

Volna-9 Macro 50/2.8: #1-#4
Macro APO Lanthar 125/2.5: #5
Distagon T* 25/2.8: #6-#8

+ Sigma SD14 and new SPP 3.5.2 converter (somewhat better colours)

full resolution available (open in new window)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that rose in the first shot.

I enjoyed looking at the pictures of the country side. It is very much like here where I live. The trees are small so I would say the timber was harvested 10 or a little more years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 for me.
I would bet the timber was harvested much longer ago than that. Here in the US it is rare for them to replace clear cut zones for a good 5 years. The logging industry is ruthless and careless.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This type of landscape really marks a difference between here and central/northern Europe.
I saw a LOT of these plantations of trees for timber while crossing Germany in train from the south to Berlin, miles and miles continuously. And also I saw a lot of them between Berlin and the border with Poland.
This type of cultivation rarely happens in Italy, except a bit near the Alps and the river Po. For most part, our land is cultivated for cereals or wine. Tree cultivation is really minimal.

oh by the way, nice travel snapshots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series!
my favs #5#6#7#8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments Smile

Orio: The last two shots were taken on boderland between Jizerské mountains and Krkonose mountains. Both are national parks, but a lot of things happened in the last years. Some wood was lumbered in past, but there were also many disasters. After that, somebody decided, that the best way to deal with it will be to plant out spruce Picea pungens Hoopsii (that's the silver spruce), because it's very resistant to emissions.

About 15-20 years after that another person decided, that the silver spruce isn't the right tree, because it isn't original tree, ordered to extract them and replace by Picea abies Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series.
The wooded road-way reminds me of many of the roads in Northen Wisconsin, here in the US.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, the rose and the Sedum make it really special!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series !
The rose looks so smooth and "silky", I can nearly smell the scent ...

Cheers
Tobias