Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 GX, some pics.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 GX, some pics. Reply with quote

If you can recall, I posted here and elsewhere about my Yashica Electro GX that arrived with at stucked self-timer. I tried opening it up, but stopped after realizing I might do it more harm than not. It sat on the table for quite some time and one day I decided to bent a small paper-clip and start poking around the mechanism near the ST lever. After trying many times, I managed to hit something that makes the sound of the ST running. I let it run until it stops by itself, and thank God, the ST is now free.

I managed to get a roll of expired Fuji 400 Pro at the local store and run it through. Here's a Google Picasaweb gallery of some frames from the roll. I don't quite like Picassa' compression of the picture. It seems that all pics looks flatter on Picassa than on Flickr. The link below is for the slideshow which I feel displays better than picassa regular browser. I will try to upload to flickr when my free bandwidth quota gets freed.

Here's a sample pic. The rest can be viewed from the following link.
http://picasaweb.google.com/khidhir/YashicaElectroGXRangefinderFujiPro400#slideshow/5356834680984951218

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CzRDhVn2db4/SldM4xFCtuI/AAAAAAAACjY/IPstCLWME_Y/s800/Cincinnati%20%26%20Indiana%20Dunes-13.jpg
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CzRDhVn2db4/SldM52_amdI/AAAAAAAACjk/ii_U1yUaHjw/s800/Cincinnati%20%26%20Indiana%20Dunes-14.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_CzRDhVn2db4/SldMrLeMFeI/AAAAAAAACh0/kJwCajFWA20/s800/Cincinnati%20%26%20Indiana%20Dunes-2.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results, and nice to see big-bottomed women.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are great cameras! As we can see on your pictures! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice captures and quality looks very good to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a Digital EOS reflex with a MF Tamron zoom mounted on it which I see in the hands of that young girl? Mounting MF lenses on digital cameras must be more common than we think!

The image quality is simply impressive through all shots. I bought one of those cameras, but it was defective. It was a bit of pain to deal with the ebay seller for the refund. I then learned that it is a common defect what I experienced. So I refrained from trying to buy another one. I still wish I had a working one though. It was nice and felt solid.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Is that a Digital EOS reflex with a MF Tamron zoom mounted on it which I see in the hands of that young girl? Mounting MF lenses on digital cameras must be more common than we think!

The image quality is simply impressive through all shots. I bought one of those cameras, but it was defective. It was a bit of pain to deal with the ebay seller for the refund. I then learned that it is a common defect what I experienced. So I refrained from trying to buy another one. I still wish I had a working one though. It was nice and felt solid.
-

Thanks everyone. It a very nice lovely camera with good IQ coming from the Yashinon lens - as if it hasn't be said enough yet. I gotta thank Andy for promoting the Electros.

@Farside - many more around Smile Smile Smile

@Orio - Sorry to hear your lousy experience with the Electro, they are cheap enough to buy/try. I know Andy serviced them and has put a few Electros on sale. In fact he offered to look at my stucked sefl-timer.

That young girl is my #1 out of 4 kids, a college sophomore. The camera is EOS 500D/T1i we bought to 'replace' my dying 20D and the lens does look like a Tammy, but it is not. It's her current favorite lens CZ VS 35-70/3.4 which I thought I bought for myself but she declared it's hers, along with the other 2 CZs in the collection:) Fortunately I don't mind. I am completely happy and patience enough with film, 135 electros & 120 'flexes and occasional 20D+Zuiko lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of pics, bawang! Murshidah should sit up straight when playing the
piano, would improve her arm and hand position, though it looks like she would
still be a little low with this particular bench. Looks like the place sells
Alesis keyboards as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Great set of pics, bawang! Murshidah should sit up straight when playing the
piano, would improve her arm and hand position, though it looks like she would
still be a little low with this particular bench. Looks like the place sells
Alesis keyboards as well.

Thanks for the advise, I will tell her. That piano is in a community music/practice room at the building I am in. Music practice room is in most residential building here. I am at the famous Jacobs School of Music in Indiana University, but I am here for Educational Psychology.

I believe that was her first time. My father played violin and saxophone, I have two left (or is it 2 right) hands. Perhaps the talent skipped a generation, mine unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:

That young girl is my #1 out of 4 kids

Ah ok! This explains everything Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set Khidhir
you really are getting the most out of both camera and film.
The GX does seem to have the best lens of the electro series.
The 40mm FL is perfect for a fixed lens RF IMHO.
Beautiful family you have Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. Ahhh....the family. They are a bunch indeed.

Yes, I do agree. I like the 40mm FL, in fact I am looking to get one for the DSLR body. Looks like the GL will be my B&W body and GX for color. I am seriously beginning to enjoy film again.